DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: WARGAMES II - 11/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Based on the tapings, here's what's on tap for Los Angeles:

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs. Velveteen Dream

WARGAMES - The Undisputed Era vs. War Raiders/Richochet/Pete Dunne

Johnny Gargano vs. Aleister Black

Kassius Ohno vs. ?

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS MATCH FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Shana Bazsler (c) vs. Kairi Sane

49 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Based on the tapings, here's what's on tap for Los Angeles:

Reveal hidden contents

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs. Velveteen Dream

WARGAMES - The Undisputed Era vs. War Raiders/Richochet/Pete Dunne

Johnny Gargano vs. Aleister Black

Kassius Ohno vs. ?

Spoiler

From the comments that have been made, I'd say Matt Riddle is a safe bet for Ohno's opponent.

Title match...

Spoiler

Lars Sullivan is the #1 contender -- he beat Velveteen Dream for that spot last night at the tapings. They seem to be building towards Ciampa vs. Dream, however.

Unless they make it a 3 way and/or they have a pre-taped segment where Regal addresses the situation.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, nofuture said:

Add Sane vs Baszler 2 out of 3 falls to the card.  Surprising they went with this rematch so quickly with no build up.

I think they felt they needed to do a women's title match since 3 of their titles are in War Games.

It's pretty much the only thing they could do with nothing on TV outside of giving Toni Storm a title shot due to winning the MYC

I really hope they don't do the shark cage gimmick again and instead just have each team on opposite sides of the structure. Who am I kidding, I'm going to love the WarGames match no matter what. This is going to be so fucking awesome. 

I have a friend that lives in LA and he was talking about maybe going to Survivor Series. I told him he's a fucking idiot if he goes to Survivor Series over Takeover. If I've learned anything about missing out on the last two Takeovers in Chicago it's that if you have the opportunity to go then you GO (unless it's like this year where it fell on Fathers Day weekend and you don't want to ditch your kid).

This might be the Takeover I'm looking to the most. Everything looks outstanding. For me, the only way it would have been better is if the Street Profits were on it. I need more Montez Ford in my life.

Especially considering you can get in the door at Takeover for less than $15 right now on Stubhub where the cheapest Survivor Series ticket is over $90.

The work event that was keeping me from buying tickets just got canceled, so I'm definitely looking into cheap Takeover tickets if for anything to say I was in the building for a Wargames.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I have a friend that lives in LA and he was talking about maybe going to Survivor Series. I told him he's a fucking idiot if he goes to Survivor Series over Takeover.

This is a PSA waiting to happen. Friends don't let friends attend WWE main roster shows*.

*unless it was Evolution

• Like 2

In 2016 I had a choice between Takeover and Survivor Series. One gave me DIY vs Revival 2/3 falls, the other had Lesnar/Goldberg that went under 2 minutes. I know that's cherry picking, it's just to say that you should always choose Takeover over Survivor Series.

• Like 2

Eh, to be fair this year's SS has AJ/Brock which was great last year and Becky/Ronda which could easily end up great. Other than that though there really isn't a good reason choose SS if you are actually into to both NXT and the main roster. War Games has better build and more potential great matches.