DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] NXT TV 11/7 (Taped 10/17)

RIPPA

There was no break so this could all be one week - most likely it is two but who knows exactly what will be where

Spoiler

Week 3

- Heavy Machinery def. Forgotten Sons

- Dakota Kai def. Taynara Conti

- Lars Sullivan def. Velveteen Dream

Post match: Tomasso Ciampa attacks Velveteen Dream, but Dream is eventually able to get the upper hand and hit the Purple Rainmaker and pose with the NXT Championship

• 3 weeks later...

Dream vs. Lars was a really good match. That was the best Lars match to date. Dream is just so great right now. He has it all — shtick, timing, mannerisms, etc. He is a joy to watch. I loved the strategy in it, with Lars catching Dream early and Dream not letting up when he took advantage on the floor. Great ending with Tomaso trolling Dream into the finish. Dream getting the one up was a great way to end the show. God, I hope he wins so much. Also: His Village People tribute look tonight ruled.

Taynara Conti is gold. Love her as the sorta-off shit-talker. It looked like she really tagged Dakota at some point but who knows. She looks out of control and reminds me Abi-Maria from Survior. A

Johnny’s promo did not hit for me. I liked the attempt but it didn’t feel like dark journey Johnny. 

Heavy Machinery vs. Forgotten Sons was solid.

Conti/Kai was the best Conti has looked. It will be interesting when they really start developing an actual character for Conti.

Dream/Lars was awesome. As was the aftermath with Ciampa. I'm honestly not sure who I want to win at War Games.

The stuff that happened but that wasn't mentioned in the spoilers

- They made Baszler/Sane 2 out of 3 falls for the Women's Title at Wargames

- Gargano cut a cell phone video explaining why he attacked Black. So he is now 100% confirmed the attacker

- Candice LeRae seemed to start her own heel turn by saying she was being "exploited" by having to answer all these questions about Gargano. She also wants a match against Nikki Cross

- They did a promo piece to set up Bianca Belair and Mia Yim for next week

This was a really solid show with great... everything. If this is the week before the blowoff show for Wargames, then i am ascared that they will not be able to top it. NXT is great at creating a perceived sense of urgency amongst the wrestlers that it is important to get on the big shows, that it means something, just as they have made it like (as it should be) the belts really are important to the wrestlers themselves. The  Sullivan/Dream finish did a great job of pre-PPV (sic) "hey, the challenger could really win this",  and the post-match angle with Chiampa really took it over the top to "oooh, now I want to see him win it!". Masterful. Yadda yadda, why can't they do this on RAW or SD!?...

- RAF

So I WAS the only one who like Taynara Conti old entrance music.  I do think she has potential of being the NXT version of Alicia Fox where while she is very talented in the ring her selling point is how unstable she might be.  

I love that Bianca Belair is going out of way to see if she can pronounce every letter of undefeated.  Belair vs Mia Yim can be a great mid card women's feud until they figure out where to put her in the title picture.  Or move her to the main roster