DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] HALLOWEEN 2018 (Taped 10/17)

RIPPA

Just using the spoilers in the first box due to the "View Unread Topics" option

Possible things will air out of order and expect random videos to be inserted along the way

Spoiler

Week 2

- Street Profits def. The Mighty

- Nikki Cross def. Mercedes Martinez

Post match: Candice LeRae comes to the ring asking for answers from Nikki. Nikki leaves, while laughing at Candice. Aleister Black confronts Nikki on the stage. Nikki Cross backs off as Aleister walks to the ring to confront Candice LeRae. Black asked where her husband is. Black says something else and then leaves. 

- Matt Riddle def. Luke Menzies

- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch def. Raul Mendoza and Humberto Carillo

- Undisputed Era is cutting a promo backstage about being at full strength when they're attacked by the War Raiders. They brawl all through the backstage, with Ricochet joining in. The fight makes it's way to the ring with Undisputed Era gaining the advantage. Pete Dunne comes out with a chair to clear the ring. William Regal makes a match between them all inside of War Games

• 2 weeks later...

Nikki/Mercedes and Profits/Mighty were so good. We need Street Profits fighting angry more often. It really is when they are at their best.

I have never seen Riddle or Menzies before and want to see more of them, especially if its a longer against each other.

Loved the ending brawl. It was great seeing Raiders just attack UE from out of nowhere during one of their backstage promos. Loved that UE needed weapons to to make it a fair fight against the Raiders.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The pants are officially misplaced!

I'd suggest a Kings of Wrestling reunion, but with Cesaro being tag team champion and in an angle with the New Day, it seems unlikely he'd be able to be a mystery partner for Ohno. Since it appears Luke Harper isn't going to be used on SD until Rowan returns, I'd have him as Ohno's mystery partner vs. Riddle & Keith Lee.

• Like 3

It's terrible. The music is fine , but the constant "Bro" drop is fucking annoying. I'm a stoner and it makes me hate stoners. He's a natural heel, maybe that's it. Stoners in shape who walk around going "Bro" are fucking intolerable. That and the entrance song stinks. It's fucking awful. He should be a heel post haste.

The theme is just a shitty Snoop riff with ""Bro" dropped in every few seconds. It's fucking shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lol. Perhap's the Jay & Silent bob persona is a little passe. I dig the theme music though. He used a similar string of 90's rip-off g-funk themes throughout his indy run. 

Being an avid bud smoker myself, I'm giving him leniency on the bro thing. He's not just in shape, he's a legitimate MMA fighter that can rip people in half. 

All I thought about watching Riddell (for my first time ever) was how much money I would pay to see literally anyone punch him in his dumb mouth. There is nothing worse than a MMA-aficianado jock stoner bro. I want to see him laid out in the parking lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

All I thought about watching Riddell (for my first time ever) was how much money I would pay to see literally anyone punch him in his dumb mouth. There is nothing worse than a MMA-aficianado jock stoner bro. I want to see him laid out in the parking lot.

Tell us how you really feel, @Greggulator

;).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/31/2018 at 11:16 PM, Ramo2653 said:

NXT has so many people. Like I want to see more of Mendoza, Carillo and Menzies but they probably won't show up on TV again for 2 months.

Totally agree. All of those guys look too good to be on permanent job duty, but this NXT roster is brutal if you're trying to break in.

I love the way the Wargames card is shaping up. The Wargames match itself is a perfect throwback. It's Horsemen vs. Road Warriors/Luger/Sting 30 years later. Dream/Ciampa is a perfect non-ME title match, where both guys can come out looking better despite the obvious result. Heel Gargano will be fun to see, and then we get some kind of Shayna Baszler match and Ohno/Riddle to round out the card.

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

Riddle is a natural heel?

That's a first.

He fueded with Joey Janela in Beyond Wrestling and came off as a total dickbag, including having MMA pal Shayna Baszler fuck up Penelope, so yeah, I wouldn't rule it out.