DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling: Final Hour Spoilers for 11/8/18

Impact Wrestling: Final Hour - Airing November 8, 2018 from New York

*Pentagon Jr. & Fenix def. The OGz (Homicide & Hernandez w/ King)

*Jordynne Grace def. Katarina via bearhug submission

*(Airing from Rockstar Pro) Brian Cage(c) def. Sami Callihan via DQ to retain the X Division Championship when oVe interfered.

*Moose def. Eddie Edwards after the Spear

*Eli Drake came to the ring with Joseph Park. Eli said men used to fight and decimate each other with words but now the business is full of nerds wanting to do deathmatches because of men like Abyss. Eli said BFG was violent crap and he was a victim of it so he's canceling his open challenge and filing a lawsuit against Impact Wrestling for an unsafe working environment so he hired Joseph Park as his lawyer. Park talked about how dangerous LAX/OGz was and said when his brother Abyss put Eli through a table, they had to file the lawsuit but he put over Abyss as he talked so Eli attacked him with a steel chair, calling him a worthless fat loser with a broken down body trying to ruin Eli's career.

*Johnny Impact(c) def. Killer Kross (w/ Moose) with Starship Pain to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship

Good that Jordynne Grace is getting at least a tryout match for TNA.  She is one of the top indie female wrestlers not on a major promotion.   Thought she would be used more in Ring of Honor given she worked the All In battle royal.  But who knows what they are doing with Women of Honor 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Good that Jordynne Grace is getting at least a tryout match for TNA.  She is one of the top indie female wrestlers not on a major promotion.   Thought she would be used more in Ring of Honor given she worked the All In battle royal.  But who knows what they are doing with Women of Honor 

Their head booker certainly doesn't.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Good that Jordynne Grace is getting at least a tryout match for TNA.

It wasn't a tryout. Reportedly, she's signed a two-year deal with them.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing her mix it up with Taya and especially with Tessa. Those two matches should be quite fun.

*Johnny Impact(c) def. Killer Kross (w/ Moose) with Starship Pain to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship

This is screaming out to the cynic in me. Last match of the tapings? Impact v Kross w/Moose? I’d be very surprised if there isn’t some sort of pre-tape shenanigans afterwards.  My Russo Brand Worked Shoot Detector is reading high with this one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

*Johnny Impact(c) def. Killer Kross (w/ Moose) with Starship Pain to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship

This is screaming out to the cynic in me. Last match of the tapings? Impact v Kross w/Moose? I’d be very surprised if there isn’t some sort of pre-tape shenanigans afterwards.  My Russo Brand Worked Shoot Detector is reading high with this one.

????

I'm happy for Jordynne, but the news of her deal just makes me sad since it just reminds me that LuFisto is battling cancer and I will probably never see Team PAWG on my television.

Jordynne should have pretty solid matches with Taya, Tessa, and Faby Apache if Faby sticks around longer.

Pentagon/Fenix vs OGz was a fun sprint with an exciting finishing stretch. As great as the OGz have been, it feels like they should probably win something once in awhile but they've lost most all of their matches. I've never gotten much of the hype with Jordynne Grace even since she started locally, though she's been in a few pretty good matches I've seen but hate to see Katarina just a jobber now though she did look good in those couple minutes.

Moose/Eddie was an awesome brawl. The running powerbomb onto the ramp was crazy and Edwards' lariat that backflipped Moose looked great. Johnny/Kross was a real solid main event although the finish was a bit weak to be so definitive for Kross's first loss since it looked like Starship Pain barely hit him, I hoped he'd grab the ropes there. Johnny busting out a piledriver was different and then actually hitting the Countdown to Impact for maybe the first time in Impact was great. Liked Kross doing the inverse of Moose's bomb with the crucifix bomb from the ramp into the ring. Good stuff overall.

26 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So I love this Allie-Su Yung-Rosemary-Hogan storyline but I'm most excited that they're giving us Father James Mitchell back on a regular basis. 

I didn't know Father James Mitchell is back. That I like as he manged one of my favourit tag teams in the Unholy Alliance and when he managed Abyss. I also forget what channel Impact is on in the UK, if any. Think it's on one of 'em.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I didn't know Father James Mitchell is back. That I like as he manged one of my favourit tag teams in the Unholy Alliance and when he managed Abyss. I also forget what channel Impact is on in the UK, if any. Think it's on one of 'em.

So basically Mitchell took Allie and Kiera Hogan to the Undead Realm to get back the soul of Rosemary. However Mitchell said he would only take them if Allie gave up her soul. Something happened in the Undead Realm with Su Yung so Rosemary forces Allie/Hogan to leave but Allie is still soulless. Su Yung has some sort of control over Allie though it hasn't been explained. This week Allie went to meet up with Mitchell and agreed to join him and Yung as he promised to fill the hole in her that her soul once held. 

Only thing I'm not sure on is whether Su Yung is controlling Mitchell or whether to good Father is controlling the Undead Bride

And yes this all looks incredibly insane typing it out but it works, most of the videos of the saga are on the Impact YouTube channel if that helps you out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So basically Mitchell took Allie and Kiera Hogan to the Undead Realm to get back the soul of Rosemary. However Mitchell said he would only take them if Allie gave up her soul. Something happened in the Undead Realm with Su Yung so Rosemary forces Allie/Hogan to leave but Allie is still soulless. Su Yung has some sort of control over Allie though it hasn't been explained. This week Allie went to meet up with Mitchell and agreed to join him and Yung as he promised to fill the hole in her that her soul once held. 

Only thing I'm not sure on is whether Su Yung is controlling Mitchell or whether to good Father is controlling the Undead Bride

And yes this all looks incredibly insane typing it out but it works, most of the videos of the saga are on the Impact YouTube channel if that helps you out.

Thank you for this.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is there someplace online I can see this show after the fact? I only caught maybe half the main event. Specifically I'd like to see Grace's debut and that tag.

I'm not sure when they go up on the Global Wrestling Network but it should be on there eventually, it has up to two weeks ago right now but not last week's at the moment. I'll keep an eye out as the tag and definitely Moose/Eddie are worth a watch.

Otherwise, here's half of that as Grace's debut is in full on their youtube

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is there someplace online I can see this show after the fact? I only caught maybe half the main event. Specifically I'd like to see Grace's debut and that tag.

I know DreamBroken got you covered for Grace's debut.  But the tag match and the whole show your best bet might be Impact's channel on Twitch.  They have a 24/7 livestream and I'm very certain they'll show repeats of that quite a bit.  You could also try Pop TV's website as at one point they said the replays would be on there.

• Like 2