DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Looks like Jim Boylen is either not interested or very, very interested in tanking. Too early to tell.

Also: "A player responded, sources said, telling Boylen in essence that they aren’t the Spurs and, more importantly, he isn’t Popovich."

lol

DeMarcus Cousins has reported to the Santa Cruz Warriors for a rehab assignment to prep for his season debut.

Lets look in on the rest of the NBA:

C8xaJfF.png

• Sad 1

Barring a thousand miracles, tonight will be the last night these two men will be on the same NBA court in a game.

ap_aptopix_heat_bucks_basketball.jpg?w=1

You know, I've already said I thought the Rockets overachieved last year, and had an inexplicably bad off-season.

But even I'm shocked how bad they are.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

You know, I've already said I thought the Rockets overachieved last year, and had an inexplicably bad off-season.

But even I'm shocked how bad they are.

But they're 11-0 this season when all their players score more points than their opponents.

• Haha 6

Guys, should we contact the milk company to get Lawful Metal's photo on the cartons?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the milk companies are still contractually obligated to keep showing Melo's face for now. 

Oooooh, too soon???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Guys, should we contact the milk company to get Lawful Metal's photo on the cartons?

Just wait until the rockets win a couple in a row, he'll be back. . . .  ;)

Houston Texans are heading to the playoffs, he's fine. 

• Like 1

Me coming into the thread to take his place and obnoxiously tout a Texas basketball team.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

There has to be a gif of Mark Cuban trying to do something similar and getting ghosted.

Raps spanked the Clips without Kawhi...but he's back tonight against GSW. Should be a barn burner!

On 12/10/2018 at 8:09 PM, Oyaji said:

Nah, that's only for people you want to be found and returned.

Robert Sarver is threatening to move the Suns unless Phoenix approves a new arena deal.  I hope they tell him not to let the door hit in the ass on the way out, but I don't have much hope of that.

• Like 3

I mean, who would even miss that team right now?

I really don't understand why Sarver doesn't just sell the team.  He's in it for the money and team valuations are likely as high as they're going to get.  Cash out and let someone who actually cares about basketball take a shot at it.

I'm pretty sure tonight is what you call a statement game. #wethenorth 

While I think the team is fundamentally different with Kawhi, you know Kyle Lowry is going to shit the bed a bunch in the playoffs. Raptors don't need regular season statement games. They need statement games in the playoffs.

Correct. But if they DID need one, it's probably the end of a back to back on a west coast road trip without Kawhi with GSW pretty much at full strength at home. 

The only joy in my life anymore are these fuckers who can't play tic tac toe

• Haha 2

Horace Grant joins Alonzo Mourning and Nick Young  in the  NBA GIF hall of fame.

• Haha 3

Boy am I glad I didn't stay up late for that one.  Catching a bad team on a long losing streak is always dangerous.  Jordan left his defense in Texas.

James Harden had a 50 point triple double against LeBron and the Lakers last night!  This time, for real though, the Rockets are turning it around!

Jabari getting dropped from the rotation simultaneously makes me like Boylen more and Gar/Pax even less (somehow).

Jabari has no business playing the 3 and Justin Holiday has been the only consistently good Bull this season.

On the other hand, Gar/Pax fired Hoiberg to promote a guy who will help them win just enough games to bump out of that Knicks/Suns tier.  Morons!