DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Kinda surprised by the Lakers moving Zubac to get Mike Muscala.  Beasley was on a 1-year, so Muscala's expiring 2-year deal doesn't change their cap numbers for next year.  Maybe they like Mo Wagner for those minutes at C since he has 3-point range, but I don't see it.  Zubac is a pretty old-school kind of center, but he's fun to watch.   Go Clips! (Yeah, sure, go Clips anyway, because fuck the Lakers, but you know what I mean)

Markelle Fultz to Orlando for Jonathan Simmons a 2020 1 (via OKC) and a 2. 

The Knickerbockers are releasing Enes Kantor

Chicago is working on a buyout of Robin Lopez.

Detroit is going to go hard after Wayne Ellington after he gets bought out by Phoenix. 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Fitting that Rondo hits the buzzer beater 

That was the best underdog booking you'll see all season.  Lakers are the laughingstock of the NBA after the embarrassing swooning of Davis, they've been playing like shit for weeks, then actually get their shit together and look like a good team against their biggest rival.  Then Boston kicks the shit out of them in the fourth, Lakers get a few good shots to get back in and then yeah....Rondo jacks up a prayer.  Amazing finish.

16 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

That was the best underdog booking you'll see all season.  Lakers are the laughingstock of the NBA after the embarrassing swooning of Davis, they've been playing like shit for weeks, then actually get their shit together and look like a good team against their biggest rival.  Then Boston kicks the shit out of them in the fourth, Lakers get a few good shots to get back in and then yeah....Rondo jacks up a prayer.  Amazing finish.

They should get it together and make the playoffs. No more distractions.  I don't know what to make of the Celts still because they will look great against Toronto or GSW but look terrible against shit teams or lose close games like this one to the Lakers.  Very inconsistent. 

2 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

And on Isaiah Thomas' birthday, too.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:55 AM, turk128 said:

I was just about to post about how under-the-radar OKC has become. Because they're really friggin' good right now. PG13 is ridiculous.

I somehow think that Russ has become somewhat underrated. I know stat heads don't care about triple doubles but getting a whole bunch of them in a row (averaging a triple double for three straight years) is completely insane. I know he's not efficient as a scorer but he lights up.