DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

The 2021 pick is only top-5 protected, which isn't too bad.  I'm not sure if we'll  ever see teams trade unprotected future picks again after how spectacularly it's backfired in the past.

On the other hand I may be overly optimistic about the NBA owners' ability to learn from their mistakes.

Who would've thought that of all the winter sports teams in the NY Metro area the only ones who aren't currently a raging dumpster fire are the Isles and Nets???

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Y'all get the Brunson Burner tonight.

Well, Pistons survived. But they are in desperate need of Ish Smith getting healthy and any NBA caliber wings.

Like, the two starting wings tonight shot 1-11 and scored 4 points. When Jose Calderon stepped on the court, they immediately fell apart. As in, he played 12 minutes and finished -16!

Jackson, Drummond and Blake are literally the only guys who looked half worth a damn, combining for 65, 37, and 15. But only Andre had a decent shooting percentage.

I really and honestly thought they'd be better this year. Not like a title contender, but in the playoffs for sure and likely in the mix for the fourth or fifth seed. But I wasn't prepared for just how bad the wings really were going to be.

I don't think the Pelicans will trade to the Lakers for anything short of every asset they have, and even then I'm not sure. If I'm them, I not trading until the draft shakes out, and I'm asking for the #1(and Zion) to start off with.