DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

21 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Harden goes for 61 tonight versus the Knicks.

Over the last six games, Harden is averaging 49.8.

But to be fair the Rockets could've given me a 10 game deal and I probably would've scored 30 against James Dolan's Atrocity Against The Sport Of Basketball.

Wouldn't a mutually beneficial deal here be a three way deal involving the Pels, Lakers and Celts where Kyrie ends up at the Lakers, Davis to the Celts, and there's an exchange of picks and minor players to make up the difference?

Lakers can't land Davis without effectively trading everyone/thing but Lebron. Kyrie's a pretty decent consolation prize if him and Lebron have patched things up. Celts can't realistically land Davis this year without parting with Kyrie, and gives them room to include Rozier and Morris in the deal. Pels get better flexibility in the deal by picking and choosing what they get from the Lakers *and* Celtics rather than a horde of young guys from the Lakers they may or may not want?

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Jrue Holiday is the guy getting screwed here. I hope a contender trades for him.

Jrue is probably the dude in the NBA I most want to win a ring.  Between the injuries, being constantly stuck on bad teams, and his wife's health stuff I feel like he's earned it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And the follow up

Pat Riley better physically throw Hassan Whiteside at MSG and say here, mine for yours.  

The Knicks are dumb enough to do it. 

Oh no!  Oh no!  Someone might be Charles Barkley!  Someone might be Karl Malone!   Someone might be a millionaire, rather than a millionaire getting his dick sucked while he pours champagne down his chest and cries big fat happy tears over the obnoxious hunk of metal and gems on his finger that commemorates...something!  Oh no!

• Like 1

The imminent deal is Zing, Hardaway, and Lee for Dennis Smith, DeAndre Jordan, Wes Matthews and a 1.  

This apparently frees the Knicks to go after two Max contract free agents this off-season (lol)

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This apparently frees the Knicks to go after two Max contract free agents this off-season (lol)

So basically the Knicks traded their only "I wouldn't mind playing with him..." guy so that they could go back to relying on "Everyone wants to play in NYC" idea which has been working so well for them in recent history. Outside of simply the name value of "The Knicks" and "MSG," I think I'd rather go play for the Nets at this point. 

7 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

So basically the Knicks traded their only "I wouldn't mind playing with him..." guy so that they could go back to relying on "Everyone wants to play in NYC" idea which has been working so well for them in recent history. Outside of simply the name value of "The Knicks" and "MSG," I think I'd rather go play for the Nets at this point. 

Yeah but Zion

7 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

It's a good sign when you have to dump the salary of your last big free agent signings to clear up more cap room for free agent signings, right?