DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Rockets update:

Eric Gordon out with bruised knee. Might be back this week, maybe next week.

Chris Paul out with hamstring strain. Might be back at the end of January.

Clint Capela out with ligament damage in thumb. Out 4-6 weeks.

Danuel House Jr. Starting SF for last 12 games. On 2-way contract, all his NBA games alotted are done. Refused to sign long term contract, will report to G League.  Rockets could convert 2-way to regular contract, but Rockets wanted longer term league minimum contract (Rockets can’t really offer much more).

So, now Harden  is missing 4 starters. He’s gonna have to go for 50 every night, I guess. Good thing he’s having the Russell Westbrook MVP season. 

I’d like to be impressed by Steph Curry but tell me when he does it with four G League dudes and not 4 all stars. Real easy to get open looks when you’re not the only competent dude on the team.

Also, Eric Gordon returned last night! Also left game in 3rd because of soreness in same injured knee. Probably out another month.

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I’d like to be impressed by Steph Curry but tell me when he does it with four G League dudes and not 4 all stars. Real easy to get open looks when you’re not the only competent dude on the team.

My mind can't even comprehend the kind of numbers that Curry would put up if you substituted him into Harden's role.

6 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Davidson College said hi.

James Harden had 48 last night. Could’ve gone to the line at the end to get to 50, but let Eric Gordon hit all the clutch FT at the end. Gordon also hit the tying 3 to send it to overtime. 

Which is to say, Harden is great and all, but it’s nice to have E-God back. 

No idea how we’ll make room for Manimal, but maybe shipping Melo off in a pine box is an option. No idea how he’s still on the roster.

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Dwight Howard made an NBA finals, so, that's an easy answer between the two of them. 

Watch for the 7 jersey curse. I'm calling it. 

On the other hand, Dwight gets ran out of town while still being productive. That takes being a special kind of jerk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

So who should get the team cancer award named after him, Melo or Dwight Howard?

But...but he could totally put Golden State, the Lakers, or Philly/Boston/Toronto over the top if he signs with them! 

...seriously, is Melo going into rarefied air now? How many other players are clearly washed up, clearly not NBA-caliber anymore, and yet they still remain in the league, solely because the media decided they're still a star?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Rockets getting fucking lit up right now. By Corey Brewer.

Brewer was like a hobo on peyote with Marcus Smart as his spirit animal.

Is Brewer always this entertaining? Cause I might just start regularly watching 76ers....

EDIT: he's got a 10 day contract