DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

The absolutely carry job going on in Houston right now is amazing. Hard to deny the man his 2nd MVP if this keeps up.  This is one of the best offensive stretches of basketball I have ever seen. 

I did really enjoy how the Bucks tried to guard him. Very odd visually to see guys shade over that much. It was less "force him right" and more "here is the right side my good sir." It did sort of work though with Lopez protecting the rim. Reminded me a little of the Spurs series where they sunk so far back because they knew Houston wasn't taking 2 point jumpers.  Not sure if the Bucks strategy works when the secondary ball handler is CP3 instead of Austin Rivers.  Interesting concept though for sure.

Mavs might simultaneously make a trade that puts them in the playoffs and also sell low on DSJ.

Not sure what Phoenix would have to offer, but Aaron Gordon would be a major get from Orlando.

I absolutely think they need to trade him because the fit isn't great with Luka, but not sure if I would rush it unless you get an  AG type return.

• Like 1

Not taking fit into account how would you all redraft this class of rookies?

At this point I would go:

1. Luka

2. Ayton 

3. Knox 

4. Jaren 

5. Trae

My main takeaway from watching the Knicks this year is that Kevin Knox offensive upside is off the charts. Someone on twitter said "just wait til Kevin Knox figures out how his arms and legs work" and I couldn't agree more haha. Dude is obviously still growing but his combo of 3pt shooting/slashing/floater is legit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jrag said:

Mavs might simultaneously make a trade that puts them in the playoffs and also sell low on DSJ.

Not sure what Phoenix would have to offer, but Aaron Gordon would be a major get from Orlando.

I absolutely think they need to trade him because the fit isn't great with Luka, but not sure if I would rush it unless you get an  AG type return.

Seems like a big part of the story is DSJ wanting out too. I still feel like he could slide into Barea's spot and be super effective, but I think Rick has already decided on Brunson for that and DSJ may not see himself as a 6th man.  I don't think Phoenix offers much of value outside of a package that includes Josh Jackson and a first rounder(that they are willing to trade, obvi). Orlando would have to give up no less than Gordon, Bamba or Isaac.

As much as I like Dennis and want him on the team, Luka is clearly the man now, and DSJ hasn't shown a real desire to be "second fiddle". Was hoping we had a Westbrook/Durant on our hands.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Although the Lakers/Bulls game going on right now is going to ruin it, every winning team so far tonight has scored 120+ points.

Sucks to be Denver. Score 38 in the first quarter and still trail the Warriors by double digits at the buzzer.

51 points by GSW is the most points scored in the opening stanza since Phoenix dropped 50 on Paul Westhead's Enver* back in 1990. Should that even count?

Spoiler

* = no D