DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Biggest win of the season for the boys in neon and pushed them to the bottom of the playoff ladder.   

Hopefully we can build from here.   Wade is definitely looking like he's lost several steps, I hope he makes it to the end of the season before the fumes he's running on are gone completely. 

Anybody have the Nuggets top of the West at Christmas? The conference standings are amazing right now: Clippers above the Lakers. Warriors in third and Rockets in seventh. Sacramento in a playoff spot. OKC second. From 4th down to 14th, there's a whopping five win spread. Nobody except the Suns are out of it and it'll look so different come season's end. Warriors have yet to unleash this guy btw:

The Heat dropped an *EXTREMELY* winnable game against the Raps last night by 2.  And while I don't like to blame one player for a team's loss.....  

WashedUpSide is making almost $26M this season, and has a player option next season for over $27M. Time to bust out my gimmick again.

giphy.gif

Mavs Twitter has become as bad as wrestling Twitter. I fucking love Luka, obvs, but anytime someone OTHER than him has offense ran for him, these dipshits immediately jump to "fire Carlisle" and start up a bunch of conspiracy theories about the coach hating Luka. GD exhausting. I thought the play ran for DSJ at the end was actually GOOD. Dennis just didn't execute. Also, Luka just standing at halfcourt pouting won't earn him any favor with Rick.

• Like 1

It seemed like there was some miscommunication on that.   Rick said afterwards that he wanted to use Luka as a decoy and Luka took a half step in like he was about to get involved with the action before the DSJ curl around DJ.

Luka was definitly pouting afterwards, but I doubt standing at center court was the plan from either Luka or Rick.

Also, what a game by him. I don't think the rookie wall exists for this dude.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:17 PM, Oyaji said:

I was certainly wrong about Luka's lack of athleticism being a big issue. 

Tbh even I kinda undersold Luka a little before the draft, even though he was the guy I really wanted. 30+ game in, I am totally sold.  Needs to work on the on-ball defense a little, but otherwise he's phenomenal. Anyone who can put guys like George or Holliday on skates is special.

Grizz send Wayne Selden and Marshon Brooks to the Bulls for Justin Holliday.

But who gives a shit about that?  What's important is that to make room the bulls waived Cam Payne,  finally closing the final chapter of the Eddy Curry to New York deal from back in 2005

DwCc3vbVsAA2L0F.jpg

Harden is the number one and the best player in the NBA. It’s not even close. Harden just carried the Rockets without CP3, without Eric Gordon, with two G league two way players getting serious minutes (D. House is even starting!) over a full strength Golden State in Oakland! (are they still in Oakland? Did they move to SF yet?)

Oh and he got triple double so automatic MVP. 

also, the Rockets are undefeated ever since they signed Houston Rivers. 

There's no question Harden is playing the best basketball in the world the last few weeks. I don't know how long he can keep this up for, but he's playing on a level above anybody else.