DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Jimmy Butler was picked 30th in the 2011 draft. Kawhi 15th. Derrick Williams, who currently plays in Germany now, was picked 2nd. Any pick in the draft is a lottery pick.

True.  The Spurs are great at finding late round diamonds.  THe question becomes are your scouting and coaching staffs committed to developing the player to be a success in the system?  THe Spurs and the Warriors might be the only two.   

Could someone watching these Rockets games tell me what's wrong with Eric Gordon?  Is he taking tougher shots?  Does he look hobbled?

Melo is one of many Houston problems right now. CP and Gordon aren't breaking 40% from the field.  Gordon isn't even close.

I don't know what that kid is doing. Apparently he and the trainer that was trying to fix him over the summer are no longer talking. I'm just baffled by it all. Pump faking free throws bro?C'mon.

Not sure what that 50 point beat down says about the mavs, but tough look for Utah. 

Luka is going to coast to rookie of the year.  A kid that young being so consistent is pretty wild. All that hesitation stuff is unstoppable in the PnR. I still can't believe the Mavs pulled that deal off and I really like Trae Young.

The West is somehow even more stacked than we imagined.   Kings playing well, Clips playing really well....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jrag said:

The West is somehow even more stacked than we imagined.   Kings playing well, Clips playing really well....

It's weird, the West is both better than expected, for the reasons you mentioned, and worse than expected with the non Golden State top being missing.

The East also has four teams that look like legit finals contenders, and I don't remember the last time that was true.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's weird, the West is both better than expected, for the reasons you mentioned, and worse than expected with the non Golden State top being missing.

The East also has four teams that look like legit finals contenders, and I don't remember the last time that was true.

The league is super fun right now. So many interesting teams that there are at least 2 amazing/fresh games every night.

Tonight we get Celtics/Raps and Jazz/Sixers .  Whew.

That Sixers game last night was the full Jimmy Butler experience.  He was super efficient offensively and fighting through screens to stay on D Mitchell on the defensive end. I'm pretty sure Brett Brown wishes he would switch more ha, but maybe he can talk him into it.

Embiid didn't play up to his level last night, but my favorite NBA thing is The Process flexing on somebody after an and 1.  

The evolution continues. 

I feel kinda bad for this kid. It's tough to live under that microscope. I fear that at this rate he's going to lose his fucking mind and we'll be watching surveillance video of him shooting hoops at a Dave n Busters after hours.

I love Memphis so much. They don't have Z-Bo or Tony Allen anymore. But they have a healthy Mike Conley, an excited M arc Gasol, a stud rookie in Jaren Jackson Sr. and the biggest collection of weirdos and cast-offs in the league (in true Memphis fashion). Grit'n'Grind is back. 10-5 and losing ugly. Love it.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, jaedmc said:

I feel kinda bad for this kid. It's tough to live under that microscope. I fear that at this rate he's going to lose his fucking mind and we'll be watching surveillance video of him shooting hoops at a Dave n Busters after hours.

More like we'll be watching footage of Fultz watching surveillance video of his own FT shooting at Dave & Buster's after hours.