DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Can Gar-Pax tell Fred Hoiberg to just fuck off already? The Bulls are atrocious defensively. Their inability to rebound cost them the game vs Denver tonight.

I can't really blame Hoiberg for this team being atrocious on D. They signed Levine and paid Parker 20 million. They knew exactly what type of team they were going to put out, and if they didn't, they are idiots. 

On 10/29/2018 at 1:26 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

With the 1st pick in the 2019 NBA draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select...

Shareef O'Neal who won't have played any college ball yet and needs some more surgeries.

On 11/1/2018 at 12:19 AM, El Dragon said:

I can't really blame Hoiberg for this team being atrocious on D. They signed Levine and paid Parker 20 million. They knew exactly what type of team they were going to put out, and if they didn't, they are idiots. 

Agree and I'm no hoiberg fan.

They knew what they were doing with the Jabari contract.  I fully endorse the no defense all offense tank.

All these early injuries give them a leg up on the tanking competiton as well.  Loving where they are at from a rebuild standpoint.

This is the year to trust the process if there ever was one.  Draft odds decrease for the worst teams starting next season.

1 hour ago, Jrag said:

This is the year to trust the process if there ever was one.  Draft odds decrease for the worst teams starting next season.

Starts this season. Here are what the odds look like now. http://www.tankathon.com/

Hopefully Sacramento can keep it up and take the sting away from the Fultz trade last year. Hopefully they don't pull an Orlando from last year.

Huh.  Not sure why I thought it was next season.  

What are your thoughts on this sixers team? Seem a little thin to me. That Bjelica contract situation stings a little more with the way he is playing.

I hope they get in on these Butler talks.

2 hours ago, Jrag said:

Huh.  Not sure why I thought it was next season.  

What are your thoughts on this sixers team? Seem a little thin to me. That Bjelica contract situation stings a little more with the way he is playing.

I hope they get in on these Butler talks.

Yeah I liked the Bjelica signing but Muscala has played well so far. Not as well has Bjelica in Sac obviously but he is doing what is needed.

Our biggest problem right now is Saric playing unbelievably bad and trying to work on integrating Fultz. If you look at the splits Saric is awful every October so hopefully he comes out of it.

As for Fultz everytime he has shown something it has been running the point. I really don't think we have any choice but to focus on letting the young guys, Fultz, Shamet, and Smith when he returns develop. I personally think if they are going to continue putting Fultz on the floor with Simmons at the start of the game it would be better like this: Fultz PG, Redick SG, Covington SF, Simmons PF, Embiid C. Use all 48 point guard minutes between Simmons and Fultz. The floor spacing issue diminishes a bit when Fultz has the ball instead of Simmons since Fultz can collapse the defense and dribble in traffic in ways Simmons can't. 

I doubt we make a play for Butler. Age wise he isn't a great fit. I'm not sure we are a great trade partner with Minnesota with what we could offer. I think the organization resigned itself to focusing on development of the younger guys in Fultz, Shamet and Smith when he returns this year. Simmons too needs to grow. Not saying we couldn't use what he brings though. 

I think this next offseason will be when we know the direction of this team. That max cap space will have to be spent 1 way or the other this offseason. Question is will the money be spent wisely or will they be forced to do what Portland did when they had no choice but to spend the money and signed Evan Turner to a big deal. I think it is okay to play it safe this season just to have as much information as possible for when that decision gets made. Do you pull the plug on the Fultz experiment and go after someone like Kemba Walker. Or do you go after someone like Tobias Harris to replace Saric. Though with Walker you make the same age point with Butler.

It is hard to get too down on what has happened so far this season just because Embiid has taken the next step. He did what he needed to do as far as turning the ball over. This was just tweeted out.

Question is will Simmons end up taking another step at some point. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The thing I still don't get with the Bulls is why they matched on Levine. Boggles my mind.

I thought that initially, but he has turned me into a believer. Very aggressive getting to the line this year and he can really really score.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:10 PM, Brian Fowler said:

But is he someone you want to be paying that much when the rebuild actually starts moving forward?

I think by the time we get there, the last two years of the deal optimistically, his contract will at worst be tradeable and at best a slight bargain.

Will be curious to see how he meshes with an actual starting NBA PG though.  Wait and see on that one.  Hopefully we will get the chance to find out.