DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Contentious C said:

It's nuts that the greatest shooter of all time just had his single game 3 pointer record broken in less than 3 quarters, by his teammate. I still can't quite decide what's the most fucked-up part of that. 

More fucked up than a 92-50 scoreline at HALFTIME?

It was the second-highest scoring half ever by an NBA team. Phoenix had 107 in the first half of a 173-143 victory over Denver in 1990.

See, at least the Bulls were TRYING to play defense. That Enver* Nuggets team was ridiculous, and not in a good way.

Spoiler

No "D"

9 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Watching the Mavs through the first 7 games.

3rGxGDY.gif

Surely you are excited about the Mavs though, right?   They are rebuilding without a true multi-year tank in the most stacked conference in NBA history.  Doncic, a 19-year-old, is averaging 20.4/6.4/4 on 46% and 38.8% from three.

One of my favorite teams to watch in the league right now. What's not to love?

The Washington Generals have way more healthy bodies than the Chicago Bulls.

Gar Pax going all-in on the tank by overpaying a hometown guy for 1 year is an underrated move.  They are SOOOO Bad.  Whew

I will be happy to be wrong about the Lavine contract if this holds up though.  He is looking very good.

2 hours ago, Jrag said:

Surely you are excited about the Mavs though, right?   They are rebuilding without a true multi-year tank in the most stacked conference in NBA history.  Doncic, a 19-year-old, is averaging 20.4/6.4/4 on 46% and 38.8% from three.

One of my favorite teams to watch in the league right now. What's not to love?

Oh, I'm very excited about the future, but in the back of my head, I felt like we had a playoff team this year. I'm over the moon happy with Luka's play, and DSJ has shown the proper growth. Even Deandre has shown great things, specifically his passing. I think my disappointment comes from the fact that we all pretty much known this is Dirk's last year, and I wanted him to go out with a better showing.  All that said, having Barnes back will help once he has his legs back under him, because we'll have 3 scorers who can put up 20 every night.

• Like 1

There are 10 legit playoff teams in the West and Dallas is in that 11--13 range with Memphis and the Clips in my opinion. Heading in the right direction.

The conference is so loaded that you really don't have to tank much to get a good pick this year.  Play hard for most of the season and then give Dirk a 15-game going away tour and they will be set.

Unless, of course, a few things break the right way (Butler trade, etc) and Dallas ends up on the fringes of an 8th seed race.  At that point I hope they go for it.

23 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

What the fuck is wrong with the Rockets???

They had one of the worst, most perplexing off seasons in NBA history, and now they aren't nearly as good as they were last year, plus last year the overachieved.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Infinit said:

The Mavs actaually looked pretty good in showing a ton of heart in the Raptors game. Doncic looked like the real deal. And I was super disappointed I didn't get to see Dirk.

9 hours ago, Jrag said:

There are 10 legit playoff teams in the West and Dallas is in that 11--13 range with Memphis and the Clips in my opinion. Heading in the right direction.

The conference is so loaded that you really don't have to tank much to get a good pick this year.  Play hard for most of the season and then give Dirk a 15-game going away tour and they will be set.

Unless, of course, a few things break the right way (Butler trade, etc) and Dallas ends up on the fringes of an 8th seed race.  At that point I hope they go for it.

They looked good against the Raps, the Jazz and the Spurs. Felt like two of those were winnable games, but until they get Wes Matthews the fuck out of town, or dial back his usage, as well as shore up things on defense, those winnable games will be losses.

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

They had one of the worst, most perplexing off seasons in NBA history, and now they aren't nearly as good as they were last year, plus last year the overachieved.

Carmelo Anthony is metastisizing even faster than we thought?

• Like 1