DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

That's bananas. 

Also Bulls finally one and Zach Lavine is dropping 30+ point games like his fucking life was on the line. 

Still no Markannen or Valentine. Now Kris Dunn has  a sprained MCL. Seems like we never have all our players to start a season any more.

15 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

And I haven't seen a single game. If and when the other shoe drops, five bucks says its after I get cable re-installed. 

If they actually keep Blake/Dre/Reggie healthy, I think they'll be the surprise team in the NBA.

But as soon as injuries set in, they'll probably end up picking between 12-16 again.

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Why would Minnesota want 4 picks in the late 20's over 7 years? Okay the last one or two might be better but the first two would be relatively worthless?

Paul is 33 and injury prone. Butler is 29, played This minutes for years, and could turn to dust. Harden is 29.

Those last two could easily be top five, and even the third one could come after a season where the Rockets fell apart. It would be 2019, 21, 23 and 25.

It's an all in move, but it could easily turn into a Nets/Celtics type deal.

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Paul is 33 and injury prone. Butler is 29, played This minutes for years, and could turn to dust. Harden is 29.

Those last two could easily be top five, and even the third one could come after a season where the Rockets fell apart. It would be 2019, 21, 23 and 25.

It's an all in move, but it could easily turn into a Nets/Celtics type deal.

Problem with this line of thought, and where the Nets' comparison ends, is that Houston also has one of the best GMs in the league and an organization willing to pay the tax to win.

They've had a grand total of 1 losing season since YAO was drafted...

Id says it's much more likely that those picks are in the 20s than top 5.  And that's before even considering the protections Morey is surely asking for on those later picks

Cavs reportedly fired Ty Lue this morning.  Is this a record for quickest coach firing after the season starts?

Also, while I don't think Lue was an especially good coach I also don't think this solves any of the Cavs' problems or leads to them winning more games.

In the things that will get you fired when Lebron is no longer around category

Sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst that Lue recently had a disagreement with general manager Koby Altman over playing veterans. Altman preferred that Kyle Korver and JR Smith be taken out of the rotation to give time to younger players. After one game in which they didn't play, Lue put both back in the rotation without consulting Altman.

Owner Dan Gilbert has also encouraged more playing time for rookie Collin Sexton, sources said.

30 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Cavs reportedly fired Ty Lue this morning.  Is this a record for quickest coach firing after the season starts?

The Lakers fired Mike Brown after 5 games

There are a few other 6 game firings