DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

On 10/19/2018 at 10:10 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Lakers are going to be bad.   But I wonder how far LeBron can will this group of jerks in the West.  

Prediction: The Lakers will be actually good and the 4 seed in the West (behind GS, HOU, Utah).

Lonzo/Hart/Ingram/Kuzma is a legit young core.

If Kawhi is remotely close to what he was before the injuries then the Raptors are my pick in the East. Transformative player that I'd only pick LeBron ahead of. It's still the Raptors but maybe Lowry doesn't shit the bed so hard if he knows he has one of the best players in the world to lean on at both ends of the court.

I still think if any team should roll the dice on Butler, it's Toronto. Jimmy and Kawhi give you the best shot anyone's ever had to defend GSW. If they both bolt, well, it was time for a rebuild soon anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I still think if any team should roll the dice on Butler, it's Toronto. Jimmy and Kawhi give you the best shot anyone's ever had to defend GSW. If they both bolt, well, it was time for a rebuild soon anyway.

How does that make any sense you would have to give up 20 mil in player salary plus picks. So your saying do it now since you have to rebuild anyway but now your rebuilding without picks.

I'm saying it's worth it to take a shot at the title now, the a shot at re-signing them, at the risk of hamstringing a rebuild they are going to have to undergo if they lose Kawhi any way. It's worth the risk. Package Lowry and one or two of the young pieces. They're already rolling the dice with Leonard, so (mixed gambling metaphor ahead) so go all in.

It's about time CP received some comeuppance.  That Rondo of all people was the one to do it makes it even better.

My suspension severity power rankings:

1. Ingram -- Started the whole thing.  Sucker punch.

2. Paul -- what sort of asshole pokes someone in the eye with 4 fingers?

3. Rondo -- At that point you have to hit him, right? Nice left hook.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jrag said:

It's about time CP received some comeuppance.  That Rondo of all people was the one to do it makes it even better.

My suspension severity power rankings:

1. Ingram -- Started the whole thing.  Sucker punch.

2. Paul -- what sort of asshole pokes someone in the eye with 4 fingers?

3. Rondo -- At that point you have to hit him, right? Nice left hook.

Ive been saying 5 games for Ingram 1 for contact with the ref, 1 for coming in from outside of the scene, 3 for throwing a punch. 3 game each for Rondo and Paul for throwing punches.

I am a big Trae fan, but a lot of the flack he got was justified.  He was a beast the first half of the season last year, and then collapsed once other teams learned how to guard him.  I'll be happier if he still explodes like this in March or April.  

Thunder lose what should have been their easiest win of the season, badly.  Apparently this is the first time the Thunder have ever started a season 0-3.  And they did it giving up 130+ to the KINGS.

Ingram = 4 games

Rondo = 3 games

Paul = 2 games. 

Kinda bullshit.  Ingram deserved more.  There's video of Rondo actually spitting on Paul.  What's Paul supposed to do when he gets spit on and punched?  Also, Rondo probably should've gotten more since he lied about the whole spitting thing. 

Paul shouldn't have gotten suspended at all.  Should've followed the Andre Johnson / Cortland Finnegan precedent. 

Helluva wild Lakers/Spurs game last night with the Spurs blowing a 7 point lead at the end of regulation and the Lakers doing the same at the end of overtime. 

But really, the highlight of the night is this...

• Sad 1

Everyone may have seen this already, but The Ringer made a video giving each team a tv theme and intro.  There were a lot of predictable ones like the Warriors getting the Golden Girls theme for The Golden Guys and Indiana getting Parks and Rec as Pacers and Vic, but this one just slayed me:

• Haha 1

This is the best article in the history of pro sports journalism.

Super soakers (with the strap!)... Moe Taylor grabbing his nuts in front of Sterling all game... The. Best. Dying over here at the Kemp story. SHAQ~!

As a life-long Laker fan, and a LeBron hater, I still haven't fully accepted LeBron is on my side...  

That being said, I just watched a game and hey, the Lakers finally won tonight.  And the top scorers were...LANCE STEPHENSON and JaVALE McGEE....

Tonight was a goddamn fever dream.  

• Like 1

Bucks erase a 14-point first half deficit to beat the Sixers by 15 behind a 49 point second quarter.  Brook Lopez canned 5 threes in a row and Giannis put up 32/18/10 with 2 steals and 3 blocks.  He is just on another level this year.

ETA: This is the assist that got Giannis his triple double.  What in the actual fuck?

• Like 2