DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: FIRST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Well, here we are again.  And once again the G*ld*n St*te W*rriors are the prohibitive favorites to win.  Oh well, try to look surprised in June when Steph Curry and Kevin Durant talk about how *this* one was the one that they EARNED.  

• Haha 1

Excited to see the new look Rockets tonight! I know everyone in town is locked in on the Astros, but I’m real excited to see the MVP and company. I’m interested to see what Melo has to offer, but essentially anything he does contribute is gravy. He’s taking the place of Ryan Anderson, and it’s not like he ever played defense either. 

I think the loss of Trevor Ariza is overstated, and I think James Ennis will mitigate any loss there. Plus, he’s younger, and I’m sure his 3% will improve with getting wide open looks and on target passes from Harden and Paul. 

Mans ... just stay healthy. The Rockets were a pulled hamstring from beating Golden State in 6. They can do it again, if they’re healthy.

Interesting, the DLeague is starting a "professional path" for elite prospects as an alternative to playing a year of college ball.  $125k contracts, access to NBA development programs, and the freedom to hire an agent and sign endorsement deals.  I could definitely see a lot of guys going this route, especially if the corruption trial going on now dries up some of that shoe company money that's getting spread around.

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Interesting, the DLeague is starting a "professional path" for elite prospects as an alternative to playing a year of college ball.  $125k contracts, access to NBA development programs, and the freedom to hire an agent and sign endorsement deals.  I could definitely see a lot of guys going this route, especially if the corruption trial going on now dries up some of that shoe company money that's getting spread around.

Aw, why do they want to make LaVar Ball cry?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Welp that tweet sure woke us the fuck up. For at least one day, one glorious day, THE KNICKS DO NOT SUCK!!! Somewhere in heaven my all time hero Mase is smiling down on all of us.

I had genuinely not thought about Lavar in months.  Thanks for breaking my streak, jerk.

Anyway, he should probably worry about paying his own players before he starts worrying about this.

• Like 1

T wolves update!

- Jimmy Butler was booed during introductions at the home opener.  

- Jimmy Butler received MVP chants midway through the game.

- Jimmy Butler scored 33 points on 12 shots!

- Towns and Wiggins scored a combined 34 points on 31 shots

All hail Jimmy Buckets, lord and ruler of Minnesota.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Infinit said:

Raptors looked pretttty freaking good tonight.

When Kawhi shakes the rust off.  Whew.

East is super interesting his year.  Raptors/Celtics ECF seems likely, but if Giannis ups his game in Bud's system we're talking about a 4 team race.

• Like 1

Joe Ingles is a stud and I will hear no more slander! I was sold last year during the playoffs when he put the beat down on PG while acting like a goon.

Seriously though, Ingles is legit baller.  He had a better 3p% than both Curry and KD last year.

• Like 3