DVDVR Message Board

October 2013 NHL Thread

Death From Above

Posted Image

I'm a terrible person for laughing so much at that but here we are

No you fucking aren't. You are just a man, and anyone who doesn't laugh at that is the terrible person.*

* - assuming she wasn't hurt

But, yeah, that's some funny stuff.

Lost in all the hoopla was the Isles seal clubbing of Phoenix. Johnny Hockey scored twice and came thisclose to the hat trick. Folks, there's still time to get on the Islanders bandwagon! Best part is my playoff tickets for the first round won't cost me a thing!

Sabres manage to score TWO goals in a game, an offensive explosion the likes we haven't seen this season. Word was that the team was so excited they decided to raise ticket prices again. We are basically the NHL's version of the Sixers: will be one of the worst teams in years, all we care about is ping pong balls and draft position.

Sabres manage to score TWO goals in a game, an offensive explosion the likes we haven't seen this season. Word was that the team was so excited they decided to raise ticket prices again. We are basically the NHL's version of the Sixers: will be one of the worst teams in years, all we care about is ping pong balls and draft position.

I figured with the defense either being really young, really old, or just plain shitty, that would be the problem this year. The start of this season is the Sabres' policy of being loyal to useless players coming home to roost. Why is Drew Stafford still here? Can we finally admit that the Leino trade and subsequent signing have been a miserable failure?

At leash Hecht retired. I legit LOL'd when McGuire said that he had a "long and storied career" during a national TV game towards the end of last season.

• Like 1

I figured with the defense either being really young, really old, or just plain shitty, that would be the problem this year. The start of this season is the Sabres' policy of being loyal to useless players coming home to roost. Why is Drew Stafford still here? Can we finally admit that the Leino trade and subsequent signing have been a miserable failure?

At leash Hecht retired. I legit LOL'd when McGuire said that he had a "long and storied career" during a national TV game towards the end of last season.

What, you mean they haven't put him into the Sabres HOF and retired his # yet?

The more I watch the lowly Flames play eastern conference teams the more it becomes really clear why some teams in the east were opposed to having to play every team in the NHL instead of just cherry picking amongst the corpses of that conference.

Also, the Flames are actually so bad they're watchable now instead of being just boring.  They don't play much defense, Joey MacDonald makes crazy saves because he's often out of position and Sean Monahan seems good. 

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”.When the press turned his way, he then added:“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

• Like 4

It'll last about 20 games until they realize that their effort isn't enough.  Then they'll get tired of Bob Hartley yelling at them.

I dunno, that might be right, but they seem to be buying in strongly at the moment. In contrast to the last few years, when the team so obviously did not give one shit about Brent Sutter/Bob Hartley and all the organizational talk about "playing a full sixty minutes", etc.

I think things will keep going well as long as they can keep accumulating points. It's easy to try hard when you're getting results. I'm just afraid what will happen when the wheels inevitably come off and the team has to work its way out of a slump.

In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. The Flames right now are playing every game right on the edge between brilliance and a complete meltdown, and it's pretty exhilarating.

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”.When the press turned his way, he then added:“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

Now we know why they call him "Jumbo Joe"!