DVDVR Message Board

October 2013 NHL Thread

Death From Above

Kinda funny to see how hopeless Kaleta's appeal would have been if the NHLPA chose not to go for it. You would think they'd be all over this if for nothing else than to test out the appeal process. Not sure how valid this is or not but on MvW last week Greg noted there was somewhat of an outcry from other team reps to not waste time/money on an appeal for Kaleta. Ouch.

Fucking hockey. St. Louis gets the last four power plays of the game (one of them was for "bodychecking too hard"), despite dumping someone over the goalie and T.J. Oshie flat out throwing an elbow at Michael Frolik's face.

For fucks sake, when the Jets scored the tying goal, Ladd gets hauled down from behind, and neither fucking ref put their arm up to call that either. If you are going to swallow the fucking whistle, swallow it for both teams, you fucking shitbags.

Dear NHL, if you want to rig games for certain teams, rig them for teams people give a shit about please. It's a shitty hockey game when the first thing mentioned afterwords was "Man, CFL refs don't seem that shitty right now".

I think Winnipeg fans know who Alex Steen is now. 1 fanbase down, right?

Gee, because the FUCKING TOWN HE WAS BORN IN wouldn't know who he is, right?. He scored a shit goal tonight, to bail himself out for making a shit play on the second goal against.

Besides, he's still not as good as his dad was.

You know what, fuck it. I make a comment about how a player on my team was off to an incredibly hot start, people make jokes about how nobody knows shit about him. I respond to that joke when his hot streak continues, and I get fucking chewed out for it. The only person I even take pot shots at in this fucking forum is FSW, so I don't get the damn hostility. So fuck it, there are other places to talk hockey.

Come on man I cheer for the fucking Oilers if I can't poke fun at other hockey fans what the fuck do I have left? This team is becoming the Cleveland Browns of hockey.

Besides, this is all really the Cardinals fault. At least the Blues had Brett Hull and Grant Fuhr once. And how often to you get to use the words "Grand Duchy"? Not often enough.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

If this holds (and I assume he's back by the end of the week), I would have run Novacain out of the hockey forum, and gotten access to buttons within a 10 day span. FSW has been trying to accomplish both for years. I am clearly going to be #1 in his next set of poster rankings. :lol:

Stupid Jets. Why can't they just lose 5-2 so I can stop being angry all the time about these stupid 1 goal losses?

Time to focus on the positives. Ladd, Little and frigging Jokinen are playing pretty good so far. Trouba was damn good until he got hurt, and I'm going to watch them beat up on Eastern Conference Sissy Boys the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. Even better, the old man always wants to pay for all the beer!

Amazingly there are still some people out there who think Phil Kessel isn't worth the money. All he does is score! DAMN HIM! That 2nd goal was amazing hands. Only a handful of folks can do that.

Your strange stat of the day: Leafs are 9-4. All 4 losses are to teams that start with 'C'. Colorado, Chicago, Columbus & Carolina. Tomorrow we play: Calgary. Uh-oh.

Just a terrible performance by the Oilers again. I expected them to come out guns blazing trying to win one for their coach who you know wanted to beat Toronto badly. What a strange position to be in. They can't sell ANOTHER re-build to the city & they don't have the talent to move to bring in the pieces they need.

You know what, fuck it. I make a comment about how a player on my team was off to an incredibly hot start, people make jokes about how nobody knows shit about him. I respond to that joke when his hot streak continues, and I get fucking chewed out for it. The only person I even take pot shots at in this fucking forum is FSW, so I don't get the damn hostility. So fuck it, there are other places to talk hockey.

Dude, I just wanted to post a funny picture of Thomas Steen. Didn't mean to offend. Like DFA, I cheer for a pretty shit team, too. Petty and jealous potshots and Jacob Trouba's glorious future all I got right now.

Come on man I cheer for the fucking Oilers if I can't poke fun at other hockey fans what the fuck do I have left? This team is becoming the Cleveland Browns of hockey.Besides, this is all really the Cardinals fault. At least the Blues had Brett Hull and Grant Fuhr once. And how often to you get to use the words "Grand Duchy"? Not often enough.

Brett Hull is back home with a Blue note on his chest again. All is right with the world.I will try to think of some "GUARDIANS~" type name for the Blues now.