DVDVR Message Board

October 2013 NHL Thread

Death From Above

For or against?

I was for.  I think if you tell him to be a fourth line "banger" for two weeks, maybe get the odd PP shift, he'll do it and do it well.  My friend was thinking he'd be a brat and wouldn't be worth the "trouble."  I'd rather take a young guy with a chip on his shoulder over an old dude who might think he's above being a fourth liner.

The last 10 minutes of the third period and everything else after that was fucking awesome. The Jets giving away two goals in the first and the Trouba getting hurt in the second sucked with great force.

If the Jets had lost, they should have fired Noel for sending out fucking Peluso in the shootout. Guy does shit all game, and his shootout effort was pathetic.

My seat ended up being four rows from the top of the building at the end where the Jets scored all their goals tonight. Good times had by all!

• Like 1

The Trouba play happened on the opposite end of the rink from me, but they refused to run the replay on the scoreboard. He was moving his hand enough to wave to the crowd on the way out, and the local reporters on twitter said he was responsing and moving at the hospital.

Yeah, everything I've read tonight seems to imply that the immobilization and stretcher were merely precautionary. The kids only 19 though, I have no problem if they decided to take it easy on getting him back. Trouba for the next 5-7 years is more important than this year.

For the record, I am actually blowing off going to the Bomber game tomorrow, even though I have season tickets. This season has been a Trail of Tears and I am out.

DEWAR WANT THEM?

Someone else actually gave me freebies. Stupid bastards almost pulled it off.