DVDVR Message Board

October 2013 NHL Thread

Death From Above

It's amazing that no matter who is net or who else is on the roster or behind the bench that the Panthers will always blow a great effort or comeback in the last minute of the 3rd or Overtime.

Keenan, Martin, DeBoer, Dineen, Luongo, Belfour, Vokoun, Anderson, Theodore, Clemmensen, Markstrom, Thomas, whoever. It just doesn't matter they'll always fucking do it.

Insane.

At least they didn't give up 7 this time, so there is that...which is nice....

Red Wings play two great periods of hockey and it's enough to knock off unbeaten Colorado. Alfredsson has been on fire and looks great. It's nice to see Datsyuk paired with some guys that actually have skill for once. Nik Kronwall took a nasty hit into the boards in the first minute or two and was knocked out of the game. Expect a suspension from the hit.

Chris Osgood made his debut (I think) as a color commentator and did a good job. He's not polished yet and flubbed a line or two but was generally very smooth and provided nice insights. And he interviewed Patrick Roy about their 1998 fight :)

I'm loving DirecTV giving me Red Wings games for free!

Was at Oilers-Isles last night. Place was about half full. Ran into some guys who flew in from Edmonton for the week. They were amazed that tickets were both cheap and plentiful, because that's not the case in Edmonton (or really Canada in general). Was told cheapest at Rexall is $100 which is even more insane than the Rangers (or even the Knicks for that matter). They were also amazed that even though the building was half full the crowd was surprisingly loud, which is due to the design of the coliseum and the low celling keeping noise in. They were also happy to learn that there are Tim Hortons in NYC (Tims>Dunkin'). As for the game it was quite entertaining with both teams getting plenty of chances. Hall scores 2 in 7 seconds, but Isles come back and Johnny Hockey scores the eventual winner at the end of the 2nd. Next game is this Saturday vs. Carolina. If there is one team I love seeing lose, it's them. When Karmanos dies, he should be buried underneath a urinal at the XL Center so the people of Hartford can piss on his grave forever. Hope I see Chuck Kaiton.

Got a ticket to Jets-Blues tonight off the Stubhub for 45 bucks. Blues, go fuck yourselves, I am ready to watch the Jets unleash the Trouba on your asses!!!!!

$45? I'm guessing that's below face. So I'm also guessing the novelty is wearing off in the 'Peg?

Got a ticket to Jets-Blues tonight off the Stubhub for 45 bucks. Blues, go fuck yourselves, I am ready to watch the Jets unleash the Trouba on your asses!!!!!

$45? I'm guessing that's below face. So I'm also guessing the novelty is wearing off in the 'Peg?

Below face value ($57). Novelty is still there, I think, just happened to be 10 tickets available on Stubhub today when I checked.

Finding below face tickets is pretty rare, but a lot of people that bought season tickets realized that there is a market to sell off some. I have a buddy who bought season tickets, keeps ten for himself and sells the rest off. As long as the Canadian dollar stays strong, that building will always be full. There's still 10 000 people on the waiting list for season tickets.

Finding below face tickets is pretty rare, but a lot of people that bought season tickets realized that there is a market to sell off some. I have a buddy who bought season tickets, keeps ten for himself and sells the rest off. As long as the Canadian dollar stays strong, that building will always be full. There's still 10 000 people on the waiting list for season tickets.

OK. I was just shocked that someone could get a weekend game there for below face. Figured every ticket would be touted above face because of the demand.

Below face value ($57). Novelty is still there, I think, just happened to be 10 tickets available on Stubhub today when I checked.

Is that the Box Office face value or what the season plan holder pays per game? For example, in Philly a seat that costs $83 at the box office costs $38 for season plan holders? If the ticket cost the guy $35 as part of his plan then the price he sold at makes sense.

Is that the Box Office face value or what the season plan holder pays per game? For example, in Philly a seat that costs $83 at the box office costs $38 for season plan holders? If the ticket cost the guy $35 as part of his plan then the price he sold at makes sense.

Season ticket price. Single game tickets (there's a few hundred held back to be released on game days) are considerably more.  Plus, it varies, the same seats at $57 for a Blues game (sorry Daniel) would be closer to a hundred for the Canadians or Pens or whoever.. The tickets I buy from my buddy average $80 a seat (he's in p7, which is the lowest price, along the corners of the upper bowl), but vary from $50-something to $100 from game to game.

Winnipeg's tickets average out to be the highest in the league, I believe.

I got 2 tickets to the Blues Panthers for 30 bucks. Total.Ya'll Canadians be crazy.

Yes but we Canadians are willing to go to hockey games without being promised baseball will be on TV.

I got 2 tickets to the Blues Panthers for 30 bucks. Total.Ya'll Canadians be crazy.

Yes but we Canadians are willing to go to hockey games without being promised baseball will be on TV.
I am not a Cards fan, but I think airing when the Cards score is a good, cheap way of getting the crowd pumped. You know what I just realized? The Leads have been the most successful pro sports team in Toronto the last 10 years in playoff performance. How is that a real thing?