DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Busting Down Cena's Doors - 10/15/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Jamal said:

Pretty much. They'd each had a Diva's Title reign before they started dating them, had been involved in a number of storylines, and were regularly in the title scene. 

Bryan debuted after NXT in the Summerslam main event. Went into a feud with the US champion and won the title. There was never a point he was not higher up than the Bellas. 

Even on NXT he was the centerpiece feuding with the US champion. 

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wasn't Nikki already a centerpiece of the Divas division before she started dating Cena. 

Wasn't Hunter already in the main event scene before he started dating Steph?  The argument that was made is it was that relationship which granted him more opportunities to follow. 

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Bryan debuted after NXT in the Summerslam main event. Went into a feud with the US champion and won the title. There was never a point he was not higher up than the Bellas. 

Even on NXT he was the centerpiece feuding with the US champion. 

There are literally interviews with Bryan and Brie talking about her winning the Divas title while he was being left of shows, and how depressed he was that he his career was completely stalled and how she was struggling between celebrating and consoling him.

• Like 2

I love how the past 2-3 months has been an attempt by the commentary team/writing team to talk about how hard the Bellas work, how they’re innovators, how they spurred the women’s revolution and then one week into their heel turn it’s it’s Do Nothing Bellas who slept their way to the top, rendering everything WWE has said and done over the past two or so months completely meaningless.  

It’s also very WWE that they couldn’t book a women’s only PPV without a face slut-shaming a heel.   EVOLUTION!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, caley said:

I love how the past 2-3 months has been an attempt by the commentary team/writing team to talk about how hard the Bellas work, how they’re innovators, how they spurred the women’s revolution and then one week into their heel turn it’s it’s Do Nothing Bellas who slept their way to the top, rendering everything WWE has said and done over the past two or so months completely meaningless.  

It’s also very WWE that they couldn’t book a women’s only PPV without a face slut-shaming a heel.   EVOLUTION!

In my feed on Twitter I saw this retweet or maybe it was a comment about how the WWE has no women on the writing team and that's why stupid stuff like Nikki being slut shamed happened.

Are there really no women on the entire creative team? I mean I know it doesn't matter when Vince is making all the decisions. But there must be at least one woman on that team not named Stephanie.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

There are literally interviews with Bryan and Brie talking about her winning the Divas title while he was being left of shows, and how depressed he was that he his career was completely stalled and how she was struggling between celebrating and consoling him.

There is video tape and his brain is swiss cheese. 

But more seriously, when he was used on TV he was upper midcard. The top women in that era would not be on the level of a man in the mid card. 

37 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

In my feed on Twitter I saw this retweet or maybe it was a comment about how the WWE has no women on the writing team and that's why stupid stuff like Nikki being slut shamed happened.

Are there really no women on the entire creative team? I mean I know it doesn't matter when Vince is making all the decisions. But there must be at least one woman on that team not named Stephanie.

There isn't even on a woman on that team named Stephanie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Yeah, and then they got released in 2012, and only bought back a year later because Total Divas was starting.

They weren't released. They left on their own.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wasn't Nikki already a centerpiece of the Divas division before she started dating Cena. Brie was definitely higher on the totem pole than Bryan when they got together. I mean, it got over huge with the crowd, but it struck me as way to close to the assholes chanting"you fuck x" or whatever at the RAW after Mania that one year. Or the posts that one asshole made here about Brie leaching Bryan's heat when he retired.

2 hours ago, caley said:

I mentioned this to a degree last week, but I guess I will say it again. There is a legit sizable portion of the audience who hate the Bellas beyond reason. They consider them THE representation of the Divas era and will never like them or give them much credit for anything. Its not a man issue either. There are a lot of women in that portion of the audience as well. These people think nothing of the slut shaming and felt that everything Ronda said was complete truth. This was basically WWE playing to that audience since there is quite literally nothing they can do to change their minds and they needed to give Ronda a big moment heading into Evolution.

• Like 1

Wasn't Nikki already a centerpiece of the Divas division before she started dating Cena. 

No.

That being said, Nikki never really stole any of John Cena's moves. I mean she did a STF like once, but it was much better than John Cena's version and not really the same at all.

See for yourself

• Like 1