DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/25/18

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 25, 2018 from New York

*Sami Callihan (w/ Dave & Jake Crist) def. Trevor Lee after the piledriver following interference from oVe. Scarlett Bordeaux was scouting the match. Afterwards, Brian Cage came out and shoved Sami down. Callihan grabbed his baseball bat but got slammed and left laying by Cage.

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) def. The Heavenly Bodies (Desirable Dustin & Gigolo Justin) after the Street Sweeper. Eli Drake did commentary.

*Rohit Raju def. The Great Gama via DQ when Gama Singh Jr. debuted and attacked Rohit. After the match, Gama pinned Rohit with Singh Jr. counting the fall. Great Gama then raised arms with both Rohit & Singh Jr. afterwards.

*Killer Kross & Moose def. KM & Fallah Bahh when Kross choked out KM. During the match Eddie Edwards interfered and brawled to the back with Moose.

(*Su Yung def. Kiera Hogan (w/ Allie) with a powerbomb. During the match, Su revealed voodoo like control over Allie, making her move her arms against her will and clutch at her chest.)
**Su Yung def. Kiera Hogan (w/ Allie) with the Panic Switch. During the match, Su stared down Allie which caused her to run away to the back (Retaped the next night without the voodoo)

*Johnny Impact(c) def. Fenix with Starship Pain to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Johnny left and then the OGz attacked Fenix until Pentagon Jr. made the save with a steel chair.

This Great Gama stuff is just horrible. He did a good job getting heat but "wrestled" in jeans and Nikes (which Callis just had to mention), then the new guy comes out and hits the sloppiest, shittiest finisher ever. And then they're all just cool with each other after.

There was a really unnecessary closeup in Jordynne Grace's workout video.

Eddie's wife sounds just like Meg from Family Guy. Also, Moose missed a perfect chance to reference RoboCop and say "Can you fly, Eddie?" (And speaking of movies, god I love Jon Voight's shitty fake accent in Anaconda)

Fenix/Morrison is too cooperative for my taste but it did make me think about the physics of performing a realistic Spanish Fly. Johnny needs to lose the Shining Wizard and definitely the Countdown to Impact. Especially the latter. When Mathews is pointing out that your move never hits... And yeah I'm all about Lucha Bros vs OGz; anything involving Homicide with a fork really.

EDIT: OH! And the disco ball~! Seeing that at random was the best.

• Haha 1

Fun action packed episode here. Callihan/Trevor was a good fast paced opener. Thought the Kross/Moose v. KM/Fallah tag was real solid. Loved the main event as a real back and forth counter for counter kind of match with both guys styles meshing well. Always dig the endings on a final scene style backstage, especially with Kross, having Johnny unexpectedly laid out which also gave a reason for why he wouldn't have come back out to help Fenix too. Great job as usual setting up a bunch of matches for next week.

• Like 3

Yeah that tag was fine. Putting your toe in somebody's mouth is too gross even for wrestling though

Impact is almost hitting the LU spot for me these days: too absurd to take seriously, a lot of the same workers, not afraid of blood. I just wish there were the accidental MOTYs that LU could crank out. It's like they trade greater logic for lesser performance.

I'm going to mark the fuck out when Allie does the run to back like she were Elizabeth, and Rosemary comes out. 

I'm looking forward to both LAX vs. Sydal/Page and OGz vs. Lucha Bros. 

Speaking of Matt Sydal, I'd stick Trevor Lee with Sydal and Page. Lee is on a losing streak. He needs someone to help open his third eye.

• Like 2

Kingston is the greatest, OGz v Lucha Bros could be insane with Homicide and Penta.

Scarlett and Kross continue to shine in promos. 

The Gamma Singh stuff needs to stop and I really wish they could give Eli Drake some sort of focus, he has been floating around the undercard forever when he should be a main event player.  At least shove him in the mix with Eddie, Moose and Kross. Although this “lawsuit against Impact” angle could lead somewhere, I’m just not sure where.

Another kind of placeholder show

• Like 1