DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/18/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Ace Austin def. Shawn Donovan

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 18, 2018 from New York

*New Impact Worlds Heavyweight Champion Johnny Impact came to the ring for a promo. Johnny said wrestling is crazy business and if you saw BFG you know what he's talking about. Johnny talked about growing up a wrestling fan and when he wanted something he'd go out and do it. Johnny wanted to be world champion and now he's the man. He's not going to be a champion that passive aggressively tweets and hides behind his goons, if someone deserves a title shot he will give them one. Fenix came out and congratulated Johnny. Fenix talked about winning titles all over the world but not Impact so he wants a shot next week which Johnny agreed to. Johnny says they are friends but next week they will beat the crap out of each other for the title. Johnny added that if Fenix wins, he'll shake his hand because unlike the last champion, they are professionals, he's not going to run home and throw a tantrum. Johnny promised they would tear the house down next week and they shook hands.

*Taya Valkyrie def. Katarina after the Road to Valhalla. After the match, McKenzie Mitchell interviewed Taya in ring about her match at BFG where the ref was distracted fixing the ring apron that Tessa pulled in the ring. Taya said she really respected Tessa but after those tactics at BFG, she no longer does.

*Ethan Page (w/ Matt Sydal) def. Trevor Lee

*Killer Kross (w/ Moose) def. Tommy Dreamer via ref stoppage after the Doomsday Saito. After the match, Kross & Moose beat Dreamer up and left him laying.

*Allie (w/ Kiera Hogan) def. Alisha Edwards with a codebreaker after her "demon" side came out. After the match, Allie continued attacking Alisha until Kiera came in to question her and Allie then snapped out of it, seeming confused as to what just happened.

*Brian Cage(c) def. Rich Swann with a powerbomb to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Sami Callihan came out and showed on screen the replay of him pinning Cage at BFG and said that is what's coming for him. Callihan attacked Cage and went to hit him with the X title but Cage fought back. Cage went to powerbomb Sami but oVe ran out to pull Sami out.

Tommy saying he hasn't used a chair in a match recently makes me think he's working with a concussion right now. (After the visual effects of the Allie bit and then seeing an Immortan Joe 1-800 line ad airing after it, I feel like have a concussion...) Not sure which I like more, Tommy's festively colored, Dusty polka dotted pants and boots ensemble or Moose's silver Shaolin monk jacket (self-made!). Dreamer yells "DOOF" whenever he throws a strike. He does not use a chair.

Speaking of Allie, did they just decide to steal the Fenix angle in LU for her? That's pretty fresh to be biting off of. 

Somebody will have to explain why Cage had an unintelligible symbol drawn on his non-injured quad in black tape. It looked like there was one under the wrap on the other too. The match was a Cage match. OVE kicked him in the head 27 times at the PPV? *sigh*

• Like 1

Really solid show that flew by and flowed nicely as follow up from BFG. Ethan Page has looked good since restarting here. Digging Kross and Moose as a heel team, Moose's Shaolin Monk suit was greatness. Always enjoy Dreamer when he's around, guess this was writing him back out again. I like how any of the titles or big rivalries can main event any show, always a solid variety mix. Cage/Swann was a pretty fun spotfest. I like the time change pushed as being "Impact After Dark" and Impact/Fenix was hyped up nicely as a big time match for next week.

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of Allie, did they just decide to steal the Fenix angle in LU for her? That's pretty fresh to be biting off of. 

Well given that apparently had no soul before she turned into this Demon Bunny, you could argue she has stolen two gimmicks from Lucha Underground in the span of a month.

• Haha 1

That one fan who shouted “tell us what your going next to do now Jonny” during the opening promo read my mind! 

Bit of a meh show for me, a lot of transitioning and finding of feet to be had while they figure out new programs for everyone.

Kross’ Doomsday Saito is a thing of beauty, the second one he delivered to Dreamer was straight out of AJPW circa 1993.