DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NCAAF: WEEK 8

Dolfan in NYC

Notre Dame: struggles at home with underdog opponent, comes back to win, moves up one point

UCF: struggles on the road with underdog opponent, comes back to win, stays put

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

The NCAA really hopes you and everyone else just forgets about UCF. I'm almost willing to believe they would do a human sacrifice just so UCF would lose.

And if UCF loses, what ranking do they drop to? 24? 25?

I'm also shocked Dolfan didn't go with Conor getting mauled by Khabib for the gif this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

The NCAA really hopes you and everyone else just forgets about UCF. I'm almost willing to believe they would do a human sacrifice just so UCF would lose.

And if UCF loses, what ranking do they drop to? 24? 25?

If UCF lost to Alabama, in Tuscaloosa, by 1 pt after an incorrect call by the officiating crew, they would drop 15 spots.

We all know Alabama is way out in front of the pack, but SBnation's Resume S&P+ is just absurd looking right now

1. Bama 16.8

2. Ohio State 4.5

3. Michigan 3.1

4. Penn State 3.0

5. Clemson 2.5

The gap between 1 and 2 is .1 smaller than the gap between 2 and 21.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:20 AM, Craig H said:

If anyone in the AAC loses, like Cincinnati did today, is going to make the NCAA do a dance. UCF'S ranking will drop of no fault of their own.

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I don't see this lasting but Purdue has been in complete control over Ohio State

Buckeyes haven't played a good first half in like a month. I doubt it's tonight, but it feels like that will catch up to them eventually.

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So the question now is whether this is early enough in the season to not be death for them in the playoff hunt.  I don't think Ohio State is one of those teams that can afford one loss.   

Nah. Somebody else is gonna lose, it'll open up.

They do probably need Michigan to not lose before they play em though.