DVDVR Message Board

BOUND FOR GLORY 2018

RIPPA

Terrible show.  I have no idea what Meltzer or others are smoking thinking these matches are "great' because all *I* saw were blown spots, stutter-stepping and working half-speed because of the small ring (16x16 if that) and some of the worst PPV production I've seen outside Heroes of Wrestling.  

As decent as Impact has been lately, this was six steps backward.  And either they're doing a shitty Russo-level worked shoot (and lol at using two guys that can barely throw a believable strike "shooting") or Aries is as unprofessional as he's ever been.  

21 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Terrible show.  I have no idea what Meltzer or others are smoking thinking these matches are "great' because all *I* saw were blown spots, stutter-stepping and working half-speed because of the small ring (16x16 if that) and some of the worst PPV production I've seen outside Heroes of Wrestling.  

As decent as Impact has been lately, this was six steps backward.  And either they're doing a shitty Russo-level worked shoot (and lol at using two guys that can barely throw a believable strike "shooting") or Aries is as unprofessional as he's ever been.  

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve been enjoying Impact a lot but this felt like a real off night. And that ending? I’m in the “if it’s on tv it’s a work” camp but that makes it even lamer to me. Either way, it completely undermined a night (possibly more) of hard work. Not good.

Show started off hot and then drifted quickly into erhrrmamamamamamam territory.

I am surprised by how much I hate the Allie / Su  Yung angle.  I normally love DDT-esque wackiness and the Broken Hardys angle was the only thing that kept me watching Impact for a long time.

So why is this gimmick so hard for me to metabolize?

The transformation of Moose is so weird.  As a babyface he was so damn boring and dry.  All he had was that moose thing with his hand.  Now he is a heel and he turned into this. 

I guess he is now in his fall outfit because I believe one show he came out in a gold chain and one of those rompers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaeBlazer said:

What was the attendance for this show?

Looked to be in the 1000 neighborhood.

I’m glad they finally shook things up with the Aries angle. God knows what they’ve been doing hasn’t been working no matter how much praise it got from the hardcores. 

To the people criticizing the show: You can’t blame them for trying to shake things up. 

What they were doing, that a lot of you loved, has pretty much slaughtered the small audience they had left. 

• Like 1

While I count myself among those who've enjoyed watching the show the last few months, it's been obvious that they lack a top star or some spark to really get the promotion to catch fire again. 

I don't think this is going to be it, but it's something. Putting aside how silly a lot of worked shoots are, Aries just reminds me too much of the old TNA. He's a fine performer, but he's not the road forward. 

So is BFG still being treated as Impact’s #1 show or has Slammiversary passed it?

Because Slammiversary this year felt like a  way bigger deal. The show felt bigger, the card was far stronger and felt more important. It got way more hype. I had been hearing about Slammiversary for weeks ahead and the hype behind the revival of Impact. While I genuinely didn’t know this show was happening until like the day before.

I don’t watch Impact TV and only saw these two PPVs but from an outsider’s perspective, Slammiversary felt like their Mania. I know historically BFG has been the big one for years but maybe something has changed under the Callis regime?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am behind on Impact but does he still do the countdown before the move.  I mean you have to be a complete idiot or deaf to get hit with 

That is not Starship Pain I'm pretty sure that is Countdown to Impact. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I didn't catch the show. Did the announcers acknowledge Aries doing his thing? 

They did not, just focused on Johnny's celebration.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am behind on Impact but does he still do the countdown before the move.  I mean you have to be a complete idiot or deaf to get hit with 

As Hail Sabin mentioned, those are two different moves. The Countdown to Impact is the flipping elbow he does, which I can't remember the last time he actually connected as lately it is always moved out of the way of and Johnny ends up rolling through. Starshp Pain is the split legged twisting splash deal which is his finish.

6 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

So is BFG still being treated as Impact’s #1 show or has Slammiversary passed it?

Because Slammiversary this year felt like a  way bigger deal. The show felt bigger, the card was far stronger and felt more important. It got way more hype. I had been hearing about Slammiversary for weeks ahead and the hype behind the revival of Impact. While I genuinely didn’t know this show was happening until like the day before.

I don’t watch Impact TV and only saw these two PPVs but from an outsider’s perspective, Slammiversary felt like their Mania. I know historically BFG has been the big one for years but maybe something has changed under the Callis regime?

I agree and felt  the same in the build up. I think they still intended for BFG to be the big one, with the hype constantly referencing "topping everything we've done to this point" but Slammiversary definitely nailed it on all fronts as coming off like their biggest/best show of the year.

• Thanks 1