Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
CSC

FALLOUT 76 (for those not playing RDR2)

Recommended Posts

So the Fallout 76 character system looks really interesting - almost like a deckbuilder card game. 

The more I see, the higher my expectations are getting - which probably isn't good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty stunning to me nobody has posted in this thread in a month and a half.

 

So, 76 comes out soon, and Bethesda just announced that before the Beta they are doing some stress tests on the Xbox version for people in Insider Hub. I signed up and will be getting to play this a bit on Saturday. If anyone else is interested.

 

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/mBks15MGPeY4oIGyqIaGy/fallout-76-stress-test-faq 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

It's pretty stunning to me nobody has posted in this thread in a month and a half.

Because technically it is the Fallout 4 thread.

Chris SHOULD have started a new thread when he posted the 76 video but I am just happy Chris posted it in the right thread.

That being said - I will remedy all this in a moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for the record - if this had been a straight Fallout game, I probably would have bought this first and played it until the RDR2 online was ready but nope

So yeah... this will go on my Xmas list and maybe when I play it 5 people will still be around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is on my must-buy list. Between Horizon 4, RDR 2 and this, I'm thinking about not getting cable at my new place because I won't have time to watch anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stress test is happening this Saturday the 13th from 4cst to 8cst for those who have preordered the game for the Xbox One only and want to be horribly frustrated by all the bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll definitely be buying this, to go with RDR2.  Still dunno when I'll ever get around to playing either, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CSC said:

Stress test is happening this Saturday the 13th from 4cst to 8cst for those who have preordered the game for the Xbox One only and want to be horribly frustrated by all the bugs.

I mean, I liked New Vegas, DA 2, and KOTOR 2, some bugs arent gonna ruin anything for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an event at Greenbriar where many youtubers, journalists, etc. got to play for a couple of days so there is a decent amount of footage to check out if any of you are interested.

I'll be picking it up when it releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna play it on PC if I'm going to get it so any bugs will prob have a fan mod to help.

I'm kinda hesitant to get it since FO4 royally pissed me off to no end but I'm not expecting any type of storytelling/plot from this so a good enough excuse to blow up shit with my friends is enuf. I just hope they don't pay gate essential content (looking at you Destiny 2).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to buy RDR2 first and then just wait to see how well received FO76 is. I'm a massive fan of the Fallout series but I don't like multi-player online games. I'll give it a chance because of my Fallout fandom but I'm going to be in wait and see mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, turk128 said:

Gonna play it on PC if I'm going to get it so any bugs will prob have a fan mod to help.

I'm kinda hesitant to get it since FO4 royally pissed me off to no end but I'm not expecting any type of storytelling/plot from this so a good enough excuse to blow up shit with my friends is enuf. I just hope they don't pay gate essential content (looking at you Destiny 2).

What was pay gated that shouldn't have been? Also the general talk is that the DLC for 76 will be free. Even cosmetics that will cost money will supposedly still available through regular gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eivion said:

What was pay gated that shouldn't have been? Also the general talk is that the DLC for 76 will be free. Even cosmetics that will cost money will supposedly still available through regular gameplay.

Destiny 2...like everything else besides the basic game, the raid stuff... I only remember my team getting deep then suddenly half the stuff we could have done, we couldn't because it required an additional DLC to play. So the group splintered because... well, Destiny isn't that good for the whole group to go all in.

I hear that the new DLC actually makes Destiny a lot more fun but... why do we have to pay MORE to make a so-so game good? Shit that should be part of the original package .

I hope 76 is at least competent with their content. But I'm never going to get in on any big title games nowadays because I've been burnt too many times (Fortnite being another).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turk128 said:

Destiny 2...like everything else besides the basic game, the raid stuff... I only remember my team getting deep then suddenly half the stuff we could have done, we couldn't because it required an additional DLC to play. So the group splintered because... well, Destiny isn't that good for the whole group to go all in.

I hear that the new DLC actually makes Destiny a lot more fun but... why do we have to pay MORE to make a so-so game good? Shit that should be part of the original package .

I hope 76 is at least competent with their content. But I'm never going to get in on any big title games nowadays because I've been burnt too many times (Fortnite being another).

Good point. I think I've gotten too used to having access to stuff I normally didn't beforehand. Isn't this more the fault of Sony and Microsoft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Good point. I think I've gotten too used to having access to stuff I normally didn't beforehand. Isn't this more the fault of Sony and Microsoft?

It seems every big studio is doing this, whatever the core reason (corporate overlords and all). Like the only one that seems to want to support their product long term is Ubisoft (like they would stay with their product despite bad initial stumbles and actually try to make it better).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T minus 59 years, and here we are agitating about China's missiles.

See you in Anchorage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yeah, after my second run I like this game even more, and I need some of you on it please. I can do the loner thing but I ran into a level 50 creature and yeeaaaaah help would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the IGN stream of this and it literally looks like they added multiplayer to Fallout 4 and that game's graphics haven't aged well. Instead of talking to people you have to listen to them in tape form only now!

Only way I get this is if my friends really enjoy it and play it on the reg. But I think I'll stick with RDR2 and BFV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm just easy to please - but 50% more Fallout 4 is enough to sell me on it.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad for Fallout 76, because everyone is falling in love is Red Dead right now and Rockstar would have to be stupid not to drop the Online BETA within a couple days early of 76 officially releasing and boning it over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...