DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN 1000 - 10/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

who could have delivered this promo believably? JBL would be one. Imagine an uncomfortably intense tearful Scott Hall intervention

Worth it for the neck zinger and Edge's utterly defeated body language thereafter though

The best person to be in the segment with Becky Lynch? 

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

and yes, the zinger about Edge's neck was great

• Like 2

Before this thread gets locked I just want to say I just finished the show and my first thought is no Torrie Wilson that pissed me off. False advertising But other than that it was a tight enough show.

Nothing overtly bad.

AJ/D-Bry vs The Uso's was really cool, Miz vs Rusev was whatever.

I thought The Cutting Edge segment was really good. Becky vs Charlotte is really their hottest angle right now so I'm glad they used Edge to move it forward. Edge warning Becky that she's close to becoming something she's going to hate was great and Becky blowing it off like nope I've liked who I have become was cool. Crowd loved Becky popped at her giving Edge shit talking him to watch his neck on those ropes.

Show was fun, Evolution was never on Smackdown but fuck Batistas home town and it looks like they are setting something up between Triple H and Dave.

Big Show randomly turning heel was actually appropriate for a 1000th Smackdown.

Rey vs Nakamura should have gotten more time.

I don't know if Taker needed to be on the show. 

• Like 4

I figure he wears a cross chain the same reason why rap artists where the biggest blingiest cross possible on their neck.   Not necessarily sure it is based on them being a "big church guy".  Hell in some churches he might burst into flames once he enters the building 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Apparently Flair is a big church guy now hence the cross. Now I want Flair to come back every now and then to do a revivalist preacher/Brother-Dvon type gimmick. 

I believe it about as much as I believe Shawn Michaels being born again.