DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN 1000 - 10/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is a little disappointing that there isn't a website dedicated to tracking all of Big Show's turns

Big Show is still having financial problems from his bad real estate investments. Obviously, he didn't go to Taker for advice. Big Show needs to get bailed out again, so he goes to Claudio Castagnoli, who is the "most money making man" in exchange for becoming Claudio's indentured servant. This also extends to Claudio's cousin, Antonio Cesaro and his tag partner, Sheamus O'Shaunessy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Here's the Batista money line from last night.  

God damn it I miss Dave so much. 

Randy Orton's facials in the background really added to it. Maybe I'm not such a nice guy today because I intentionally used Randy Orton and facials in the same sentence rather than saying facial expressions.

• Haha 2

h74LtfA-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Try as WWE might...People. Won't. Boo. Becky. Lynch.

Becky Lynch beating the shit outta Charlotte Flair post match at SummerSlam got the night's biggest reaction.

Becky Lynch mocks Edge's career ending neck injury with a savage line: "Careful you don't hurt your neck again going through those ropes" got a big ohhh reaction followed by cheers!

Becky's the best thing going in the WWE right now.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Maybe they brought Show back to do an estranged father angle with Tomasso Ciampa.

Was there anyone who didn't think he was turning heel as soon as he walked out?

Anytime Big Show walks out, I assume he's turning heel or face, depending on his current alignment. 

*Same with Kane

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CSC said:

Of all of Big Shows turns, him being drinking buddies with the Bar and being annoyed by New Day is hardly the most far fetched.  

Big Show will turn face again when the Bar notice how much he's drinking. When Show gets up to take a piss, Sheamus and Cesaro take off, sticking Show with the bill.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Flair is looking more and more like Reverend Henry Kane these days. 

It was amusing and a little sad that on the “Evolution Reunites” promo card, they had current photos of Batista, HHH, and Orton, but what looked like an Evolution era photo of Flair.

11 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It was amusing and a little sad that on the “Evolution Reunites” promo card, they had current photos of Batista, HHH, and Orton, but what looked like an Evolution era photo of Flair.

It's not as bad as them continuing to use 10 year old photos of Shawn Michaels. I mean with Flair, there is only so much photoshop does to tighten up leathery skin.

The Edge and Becky segment was awesome, but also annoying or at least I was annoyed with Edge. He and Christian have been talking for weeks now about how dumb it is to try to get fans to boo Becky. If I'm Edge and I come back for this one thing, I don't think I'd agree to any of the shit lines they gave him. If you're going to be such an advocate against how they're booking her, don't then just go along with that booking.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The Edge and Becky segment was awesome, but also annoying or at least I was annoyed with Edge. He and Christian have been talking for weeks now about how dumb it is to try to get fans to boo Becky. If I'm Edge and I come back for this one thing, I don't think I'd agree to any of the shit lines they gave him. If you're going to be such an advocate against how they're booking her, don't then just go along with that booking.

Edge is one of the last people I'd take advice from when it comes to not stabbing people in the back. As Paul E. said at One Night Stand:

"Hide your wives, it's Edge."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

"don't burn all your bridges and end up like me, a guy who spends his time acting on TV, raising a child with my partner who was also a wrestler and doing a fun podcast with my best friend who was one of the guys I feuded with a bunch before"

who could have delivered this promo believably? JBL would be one. Imagine an uncomfortably intense tearful Scott Hall intervention

Worth it for the neck zinger and Edge's utterly defeated body language thereafter though

I'm still a sucker for things happening that cause Triple H to glower like a provincial retail manager desperately trying to remain professional in the face of a provocation he is not a well-rounded enough person to endure