DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN 1000 - 10/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Got the traditional Shane O Mac entrance and massive pop! The Evolution segment was greatness, loved it. Setting up Batista/HHH for Mania? So random for Big Show to turn like that again, as was the Bar even getting this shot after just losing at Super Showdown. Rey/Nakamura was a fun main event. Solid opening tag too, cool to see the Usos actually win one again. The opening intro video with all the moment was really great, too bad there wasn't much for the other legend appearances like Teddy and Big Johnny just popping in the back, hoped they'd at least have Teddy give us a tag team match.

32 minutes ago, CSC said:

The problem is - the defining “moment” of Smackdown has always been the wrestling itself.  It’s where they stuck good wrestlers and gave them time to have good matches.

I’m not sure how exactly you do a 1000th episode celebration for that other than a main event with Rey and a bunch of memories of Eddie Guerrero that ultimately are just depressing. 

Wasnt it originally billed as "The Rock's Show" given the name and all that? 

Other than a few angles and matches, My poor memory doesnt instantly allow me to remember what happened on which show unless I consciously thing about the color scheme and if the ring is red or blue. 

The Truth TV segment was fun.

Dug the Edge/Becky/Charlotte segment.

Usos vs. Bryan/AJ was nice if a bit random

I skipped the Evolution segment.

Nak/Rey was nice while it lasted.

Not a really noteworthy show despite the being the 1000th.

1 hour ago, BorneAgain said:

Beyond Canada, Is there some Saudi passport issue in regards to international talent, hence 8 Americans in the "World Cup"?

No I think it’s just a matter of “Who was the bigger star 5-10 years ago in almost every one of the matches”. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The Truth TV segment was fun.

Dug the Edge/Becky/Charlotte segment.

Usos vs. Bryan/AJ was nice if a bit random

I skipped the Evolution segment.

Nak/Rey was nice while it lasted.

Not a really noteworthy show despite the being the 1000th.

It's not saying much, but it was better than Raw 25. That was a steaming pile of shit with seemingly no thought or effort put into it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

They pushed the hell out of La Resistance in 2003. I thought that was the oeuvre they were going for.

Someone should do a list of all the times WWE tried to exploit 9/11 and failed. The only success was JBL and that was probably not what they wanted. 

La Resistance is the most baffling. "Guys you know who would be great heels. French guys who are against the war most of the country is against." 

42 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

The only thing she's got coming is Ten Pounds of Gold. 

She's getting released and signing with Corgan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/13/2018 at 12:14 PM, The Natural said:

Enjoy:

Through the whole thing, all I could hear was "FACK!" "Look at the adjective!"  "Mongo..." "He got a bicycle!"  "JESUS!" "SUPER DRAGON!" and so forth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2