DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN 1000 - 10/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I still do that occasionally when leaving places. 

Oh, thank fuck.  I thought I was the only one.

As much as I love the redone Smackdown intro that anymore reminds me of Botchamania.  Kind of weird now hearing it without "Jeeeezus!" as part of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Speaking of the Beautiful People, any chance Tazz shows up for guest commentary? He never got to say Let the Pigeons Loose in WWE.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Come on, WWE -- What we really want is a modern version of the Beautiful People opening. 

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I like the way you think.

The answer is a live performance from a sloshed Manson, who stumbles through a few lines of a drunken freestyle, and leaving the stage.

*He actually did this at a show in Long Island earlier this year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Time to sleep through another fine WWE milestone. See you halfway through Daily Show

They showed the Big Boss Man dragging a casket surfing Big Show behind him in the intro. That makes it worth it for me.

• Like 9

I'm so glad Nak/Rey was kept short for a completely pointless Undertaker appearance.

The Evolution segment was like a bunch of over the hill suburban dads having a fraternity reunion and still trying to act like they were in college, which is in keeping with the DX reunion #2.

Was Big Show a heel last week? I never pay enough attention to him when he's around to notice.

Becky was great in her segment and the Truth TV was funny once again.

Granted he probably wouldn't have won, but it's a damn shame Russev got jobbed out of the tournament so he can continue a go-nowhere feud with English.

• Like 2

The Becky/Edge segment was acted really well by both parties. As was the Batista/HHH part of the Evolution segment. Lots of tension between the two once Batista dropped the "you haven't beaten me" line. 

It was cool seeing Rey in the SD ring again, and the slide under the rope in to a splash move was sweet. 

And it wouldn't be a nostalgia show without a Big Show Heel Turn! 

Other than that, not much to this show. While it was on, I was thinking of the RAW 25 show and how it kicked off perfectly with the Austin/McMahon segment and how the Austin/McMahon rivalry pretty much defined RAW at the beginning and then trying to think of an apt comparison for SD. I couldn't really think of anything. What would be THE defining feud or moment of Smackdown? I thought maybe the Smackdown 6 Era, but I'm not sure if that's it. SD was home of the Undertaker for years and years, but still nothing really sticks out to me for SD like Austin/McMahon does for RAW. 

I stepped out for a bit and missed the Evolution segment. 

What will be more boring than another New Day title reign? Another Bar title reign (mostly Sheamus, not Claudio)...and we'll align them with Big Show in his 657th heel turn! I can't wait for Erick Rowan to come back. The Bludgeon Brothers title reign was so good.

Coming out, saying three words, and leaving is pretty much all Taker is good for.

I could have done without clips of Vince sucking his dick on the post 9/11 show. Of course, it's more uncomfortable now that WWE has a partnership with the country that 15 of the 19 hijackers were citizens of.

While on the subject, fuck Saudi Arabia.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BorneAgain said:

Beyond Canada, Is there some Saudi passport issue in regards to international talent, hence 8 Americans in the "World Cup"?

If I'm Rusev, Nakamura, McInytre; I'd be perfectly happy not being on this card in "Parts Unknown".

19 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Other than that, not much to this show. While it was on, I was thinking of the RAW 25 show and how it kicked off perfectly with the Austin/McMahon segment and how the Austin/McMahon rivalry pretty much defined RAW at the beginning and then trying to think of an apt comparison for SD. I couldn't really think of anything. What would be THE defining feud or moment of Smackdown? I thought maybe the Smackdown 6 Era, but I'm not sure if that's it. SD was home of the Undertaker for years and years, but still nothing really sticks out to me for SD like Austin/McMahon does for RAW. 

The problem is - the defining “moment” of Smackdown has always been the wrestling itself.  It’s where they stuck good wrestlers and gave them time to have good matches.

I’m not sure how exactly you do a 1000th episode celebration for that other than a main event with Rey and a bunch of memories of Eddie Guerrero that ultimately are just depressing. 

• Like 3

Becky was great and once again proved that the crowd wants to see a badass [L]ass-kicker tell chumps what for.

But mainly the only real important thing was that this show gave us...

BATISTA

FASSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHION

W

W

W

W

A
A
A
A
T
C
C
C
C
H
H
H
H

Spoiler

Paul Schaffer IS Elton John IN Bob Fosse's AMADEUS (feat. Falco): A Music and Dance EXPLOSION!!!!!

AMWuMXC.jpg

With Special Guest Ric Flair as

Spoiler

Current-Day Dave Vanian standing in line for a golf cart to take him to the buffet on a Sunday morning in Atlantic City

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

The Becky/Edge segment was acted really well by both parties. As was the Batista/HHH part of the Evolution segment. Lots of tension between the two once Batista dropped the "you haven't beaten me" line. 

It was cool seeing Rey in the SD ring again, and the slide under the rope in to a splash move was sweet. 

And it wouldn't be a nostalgia show without a Big Show Heel Turn! 

I can think of why WWE would ignore the Smackdown six era. It's ashame because it produced some great stuff, but Benoit was arguably the "ace". Well, him and Eddie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Did people really look at the talent WWE would likely turn to and think this tournament wasn’t going to be USA heavy?

They pushed the hell out of La Resistance in 2003. I thought that was the oeuvre they were going for.