DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN 1000 - 10/16/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Sorry for the early thread, but too much news is now coming in about the WWE's plans for SD 1k

Confirmed so far:  

The Reunion of Evolution

The Undertaker returns

World Cup Qualifier:  Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rey Mysterio

And now, Edge will return for a special edition of The Cutting Edge. 

---

Additionally, that promo video above is teasing The Rock hard.  So he may appear.  Cena re-appearing and beginning the slow burn to Cena-Taker 2 at Mania would make a bit of sense. Also, the arena's website has said Michelle McCool, Torrie Wilson, Teddy Long and Vickie Guerrero will all be there.  I'm guessing Shane returns too.  

Anyway, here's the thread. 

I'm curious to see what they do with the Evolution thing. Longtime corporate stooge heel turned rebel DX babyface Triple H, joined by newly-minted sadistic heel Randy Orton, lovable legend Ric Flair and returning movie star hero Batista.

For the first time, perhaps ever, Evolution is truly a mystery.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Torrie Wilson is gonna be there. She was like my first celebrity crush dude. I met her at Wrestlecon in Orlando, got my picture taken with her. I get all giddy like I'm 13 years old again when she shows up. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm guessing Shane returns too. 

I hope so, SDL has been lost without it's Commissioner. Shane O was last seen in Saudi Arabia so he needs to be back for SaudiMania II: The Crown Jewel. He should enter the World Cup to join the past/legends lineup.

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm guessing they pull guys like Teddy Long, JBL, MVP, and maybe even Johnny Ace out of mothballs for cameos. 

MVP's still wrestling around the world so unless he's free I can't see him being part of this.  Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing him come back full time but he said he's got maybe a couple years before retirement anyway.

And Rey/Nak is a match I didn't know I really wanted to see until they announced it.  That should be one helluva match.

55 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

MVP was on Raw 25 in the poker game, wasn’t he?

Yeah, he was.  It was funny hearing him talking about it on his podcast at the time as he was pretty much drinking and shooting the shit with the other legends for a couple hours.