DVDVR Message Board

THE 2018 ALCS: HOUSTON @ BOSTON

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Kharma for acquiring Osuna? And sign stealing? 

Nobody in Houston was all that thrilled with acquiring Osuna.  so maybe. 

Sign stealing is a non-issue.  Only one team actually got caught using mobile devices to steal signs, and it was the Red Sox: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/boston-red-sox-will-be-fined-over-apple-watch-sign-n801866

Remember, Astros were cleared.  It was always a non-story.  And, everyone steals signs.  It's only illegal if you did what the Red Sox did last year. 

It probably started with Bregman's instagram post about Eovaldi after game 2.  That's when the bad breaks and lucky bounces started. 

• Like 1

Also, just to point one last thing out, Keuchel was asked how to prevent a World Series hangover like the one the Cubs had and his response was "we're not the Cubs."

Their season ended the exact same way the Cubs' season ended last year, losing 4-1 in the LCS.

I just thought that was funny/interesting. Also, I don't necessarily think there was any kind of hangover for the Astros. Some Cubs openly talked about there being a hangover effect. It's just the outcome being the same is what stands out.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, grilledcheese said:

I obviously missed it.

I missed it too.  Astros won the World Series and then won 103 games this year.  Are they an "underdog"?  And Houston has money to spend,  they chose to ride out a decade of being a doormat in their division to finally build up enough talent to where they could contend.  

And Boston's best players in this series were their outfield of Mookie Betts,  Bradley Jr. and Andrew Benintendi,  they played Pearce, Devers,  etc. who all had big hits.  

Not exactly "HIRED GUNS" are they? 

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I missed it too.  Astros won the World Series and then won 103 games this year.  Are they an "underdog"?  And Houston has money to spend,  they chose to ride out a decade of being a doormat in their division to finally build up enough talent to where they could contend.  

I had to look up when they moved to the AL (2013) because I still occasionally forget (same with the Seahawks being in the NFC).