DVDVR Message Board

THE 2018 ALCS: HOUSTON @ BOSTON

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

I hate Boston

Since the advent of "Red Sox Nation" they've become as hate-able as the Yankees. Having the two most hate-able pitchers of the modern era among their alumni certainly hasn't helped.

• Like 2

Man, for a series that's only 4 games so far, we've had about a month's worth of close/difficult plays. The umps got one right on the no-touch second  base play, but the ball off the wall (that was not a clean catch) and now tonight (this should have been a double, not a homer)

9 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Might be the angle, but this looks like it was right on the line. Amazing for a ball to go so far and a couple inches one way, it's an out, a couple inches and it's a homer, and since Betts knocked it back on the field before it landed, it should have been a double

https://mobile.twitter.com/PassTheNyQuil/status/1052736897246609408

Disagree. His glove was over the fence. And the ball touched the fans - so home run. 

Are this many people really missing that Betts' glove closed because of the fan interference? That's not a home run. The left side of Betts' glove collides with the hands of the fans reaching out for the ball. If they're not there, he makes the catch. It's clearly interference. I get that it hurts seeing something like this happen, I've been there, but in this instance, the interference call is correct.

All other rules were followed as well, as in, the fans interfering were booted as well.

• Like 3