DVDVR Message Board

THE 2018 NLCS: LOS ANGELES @ MILWAUKEE

Dolfan in NYC

I say LAD in 6. I wouldn't be super surprised if it was a boatrace in either direction, nor would it shock me that it went 7 games. 

I think Yelich is a bad motherfucker, and although I could do without his shitty twitter viewpoints, Hader can fucking sling it. I also quite dig Thames, but I don't know that he is playing quite so much since Aguilar had his coming out party.

Ryan Braun can eat a bowl full of assholes. Fuck that dude.

Also, Craig Counsell had a silly ass batting stance and I hella loved it, so bonus points for him.

Thames isn't even on the post season roster I believe. He was terrible the last two months of the year.

Mean joke for @grilledcheese in Spoiler below for sensitive viewers.

Spoiler

Uncouth joke about you wanting Ryan Braun to rim you goes here. All you have to do is ask him, he might oblige. Who knows? The Tender Hebrew Hammer.

• Like 1

What an ugly fucking game for LAD, and still come back to within 90 feet of tying it. I can't imagine they will have such piss poor defense today, especially behind the plate. Grandal's bat isn't so good that he can make up for that type of play defensively. When he's hitting, it's a whole lot easier to overlook his inability to keep the ball in front of him or in his glove.

Brewers had a very well executed plan against 22, and made him fight for everything. Counsell looks like a certified genius for letting Woodruff hit, but we shall see if his bullpen strategy pays off. 

Back at it again this afternoon!!

Someone with a subscription will need to post the article, but realistically, I don't see the big deal with sign stealing. As long as you are doing it in the old fashioned way, who gives a shit? I don't have any issue with a team looking from one dugout to another to try to pick something up,  or a guy on 2B signaling to the hitter at the dish.  Change the signs, go to an alternate sign call via hand signals instead of finger numbers. We aren't talking about a guy with binoculars in Stoneham's office in the Polo Grounds with the buzzer to the dugout, or the dude in the white shirt in Toronto. 

Obviously, I'm biased because it's accusatory towards LAD, but I feel like it's kind of a sour grapes sort of deal, as if the Brewers are so fantastically beyond reproach when it comes to these types of things that they would never deign to steal a sign. If they had the chance to get a leg up with some advance knowledge of a signal, why wouldn't they use it?

I have wondered for a long time why they haven't moved to an NFL style system with a bench coach relaying info via a radio headset, but who the fuck knows if that would work.

EDIT - Here's a link to a story without a paywall:

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2018/10/19/17999432/milwaukee-brewers-think-the-los-angeles-dodgers-may-be-stealing-their-signs-per-report

Not a whole lot more info, but they are accusing them of using video to relay signs, saying that a coach was running down the clubhouse hallway anytime they got a runner to 2nd base. The league apparently hasn't come up with anything to substantiate their claims as of yet.

Edited by grilledcheese