DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Coming Up On Total Bellas - 10/8/2018

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, Rick said:

On the Jericho/WWE front. WWE turning down the Jericho cruise really unlocked the gate for Jericho's insistence in working for stateside shows, something he said he never would out of respect for Vince and not wanting to muddy the waters. Now he's toying with the idea of working with Impact, promoting ROH on his cruise, worked the All In show and has been outspoken in interviews against Vince's bullshit and feels liberated in having complete control on the indies. There's definitely tension there, however much Jericho will try and downsize it. The Saudi show is a bargaining chip which will steady the ship on that front. I definitely see Jericho being one of the eight.  

Angle looked real snappy in those short exchanges with Corbin, it's crazy that he could potentially be working multi-matches on a WWE show in 2018. 

Jericho isn’t working this show. He’s been announced to defend the IWGP IC Title in Osaka at NJPW Power Struggle less than 24 hours later. Even if he wanted to deal with the travel, no way Vince books him for this show when he’s main eventing an NJPW PPV literally the next day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxB said:

On Ronda not losing, she did lose. To Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes  Looked weak and ineffective against both. And ducked Cris Cyborg her whole career. Her unbeatable aura was shattered three years ago.

And Brock got the shit kicked out of him a few times on the way out of UFC.  The legit cred of having been a legit world champ outweighs the faltering at the end in this environment and always has.

• Like 2

BTW - KO is having legit knee surgery but no one knows the extent so it could only be a couple of weeks or it could be a couple of months

So that was the reason for that part of the angle

(And he has been pulled from the MMC)

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, username said:

And Brock got the shit kicked out of him a few times on the way out of UFC.  The legit cred of having been a legit world champ outweighs the faltering at the end in this environment and always has.

Hell, Brock got hit so hard by Cain Velasquez he started involuntarily break dancing. Besides how dominant has Ronda really been booked when Alexa controlled 75 percent of their match at Hell In A Cell? Anybody think Miz is ever controlling 75 percent of a match against Brock? Rousey looms a lot larger over her than Brock does guys like Miz or Rollins and in any interactions or matches between them, those guys have put up less resistance than some bear rug Brock likes to get drunk and hump. Even if they were weenie heels. 

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - KO is having legit knee surgery but no one knows the extent so it could only be a couple of weeks or it could be a couple of months

So that was the reason for that part of the angle

(And he has been pulled from the MMC)

I hate to see anyone get injured, but being off TV for a while should do Owens some good.

Now for the love of all things holy, let him return as a babyface! 

39 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I hate to see anyone get injured, but being off TV for a while should do Owens some good.

Now for the love of all things holy, let him return as a babyface! 

KO and Sami returning as babyfaces. We need more of the Steenerico dynamic where KO can be a dick and boss Sami around like a big brother-little brother relationship, but KO will always stick up for Sami when someone else tries to fuck with him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

KO and Sami returning as babyfaces. We need more of the Steenerico dynamic where KO can be a dick and boss Sami around like a big brother-little brother relationship, but KO will always stick up for Sami when someone else tries to fuck with him.

This, please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But obnoxious dick Sami is so great. This is only works for me if and Becky pull a reverse from their MMC partnership with Sami trying to better Becky.

To paraphrase Meltzer - they wont know the extent of KO's injury until he actually has the surgery

Minor surgery - he will be out 4 months

Major surgery - he will be out 8 months

Also

Although sometimes it’s hard to tell, Lashley and Lio Rush did go heel on Raw. The heel turn was actually decided that day. There was a long discussion over whether Lashley right now would be better off as a face than a heel, particularly with losing Owens on the heel side. The decision was made that if he’s better off as a heel and that they need heels, let’s do it right away with the idea they already need him to injure Owens anyway. An interesting note is that Rush had an IFB in his ear. Vince McMahon was in his ear and was personally feeding him lines, one person saying every line. It was also notable because there were camera shots that exposed he had an IFB even though it seemed like nobody noticed it. I know I didn’t. The cord was hanging out of the back of his jacket

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Eivion said:

To be fair the Riott Squad really didn't have much stock in the first place. .

Which was dumb because Ruby is fucking great and Liv and Sarah are not so horrible that they aren't sufficient enough henchwomen for an evil lady stable.

• Like 2

It might not have been noticeable but I expected Lio to have something like that if he was talking the whole time.  I'm just hoping that they give him a chance to just let him be him.  He's been gloriously obnoxious on 205 without needing somebody in his ear, hoping they let that translate to Raw.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Which was dumb because Ruby is fucking great and Liv and Sarah are not so horrible that they aren't sufficient enough henchwomen for an evil lady stable.

Honestly, I've yet to be really impressed with Ruby. She is solid but not much more. I like Liv. She is a decent henchwomen and wonderfully obnoxious in a Harley Quinn-esque way while making it her own. I think Sarah is a bit awkward and not as good as she should be for the team's muscle.

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

No. No it wasn't.

To be fair, I cannot recall the last time (outside of Austin-Bret) a face went heel for beating down a heel too much.

It was very clear where they were going as soon as you heard Lio on the mic.  However, you do this in front of the wrong crowd, they're definitely not going to give you the reaction you want.  Fortunately the stars aligned and they pulled the trigger in front of a Chicago crowd that likes KO anyway and can be pushed by an (in the best way) obnoxious mouthpiece like Lio.  Hell, Lashley himself didn't do anything really overtly heelish until he went back to take a receipt on Kevin's other knee. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

To be fair, I cannot recall the last time (outside of Austin-Bret) a face went heel for beating down a heel too much.

Del Rio vs Dolph after Dolph's concussion is the last one that jumps out to me. Given the trajectory both men took, I understand why you might not remember.

• Like 1