DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Coming Up On Total Bellas - 10/8/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I was shocked that at Super Shodown they bought up that she didn't do well last time she was in Australia, because they're booking her like the Bethe Corriea fight was the last one she had. And they're having her out-strike people, even though her pro-wrestling punches are nearly as bad as her real life punches (against Amanda Nunes, anyway). I get why they're doing it, she's a green pro-wrestler and to get value out of her they have to give her the Goldberg streak push. Expecting her to have actual competitive matches is asking a lot for her current career experience level. Most people would be losing squashes every time. She's just winning them. Against people the company would presumably hope to draw with later.

In the Night of Turns, I almost expected Nia to turn on Ember too lol I liked their match and can only think that this is leading to another at Evolution.

Turning the two legends singles matches into a tag match at Evolution is defintely the better idea. This should do a far better job of protecting everyone involved.

Liked the six ladies match and all of the stuff afterwards. I agree that, while the Bellas have come a long way (especially Nikki), there is a segment of wrestling fans that will always hate them. So, they might as well go with it. Besides, Nikki's about as high profile an opponent as Ronda's going to get. 

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm wondering if this Washington Post thing where one of their editors has been claimed to have been killed by the Saudis is gonna have any blowback on Saudi Blood Money II. Probably not, but it'll be interesting if the story blows up any bigger than it already has. 

You'd need to tie in the fact that the biggest donor to the President's "charity" and husband to a Presidential Cabinet member is taking in millions of dollars of blood money to get the story to blow up in a way that would effect the show and the company's stock price.

21 minutes ago, Jamal said:

In the Night of Turns, I almost expected Nia to turn on Ember too lol I liked their match and can only think that this is leading to another at Evolution.

Turning the two legends singles matches into a tag match at Evolution is defintely the better idea. This should do a far better job of protecting everyone involved.

Liked the six ladies match and all of the stuff afterwards. I agree that, while the Bellas have come a long way (especially Nikki), there is a segment of wrestling fans that will always hate them. So, they might as well go with it. Besides, Nikki's about as high profile an opponent as Ronda's going to get. 

I was thinking that if the oft-rumoured tag titles do happen, they could run something like Asuka/Naomi vs Nia/Ember.

7 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Did something happen in Australia to set up that Lashley heel turn? Because if not, that was a very poorly booked turn.

Not in Australia... though maybe putting up with Cena would cause it

I think the line of thinking was Lio Rush was always a heel and he just corrupted Lashley

Bellas heel turn was not surprising, but it bums me out that their turn just erodes the Riott Squad's place in all of this.  They got booked weak at the PPV and their stock continues to drop.

No one wants the Shield to break up, so continuing to tease a break up is stupid.  Going through on the break up, even more so.

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I find it interesting that WWE is basically booking Ronda the way Bill Watts booked Junkyard Dog in New Orleans-that is, someone who can't be taken down in anything close to a fair fight. 

Ronda is being booked the same way Hogan was during his Real American title run.  It makes sense to fill out her Rogues Gallery of super villain title contenders with the Bellas, but it's being done at the expense of the Riott Squad's cred, IMO.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Not in Australia... though maybe putting up with Cena would cause it

I think the line of thinking was Lio Rush was always a heel and he just corrupted Lashley

Let's blame teaming  with Mickie in the MMC.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Ronda is being booked the same way Hogan was during his Real American title run.  It makes sense to fill out her Rogues Gallery of super villain title contenders with the Bellas, but it's being done at the expense of the Riott Squad's cred, IMO.

The difference is that everybody who turned on Hogan was completely justified.

• Like 8

Of course they're protecting Ronda, she's the biggest star in the company with a legit fighting background. She shouldn't ever lose. MAYBE to Asuka or Charlotte at Wrestlemania by shenanigans.

Fuck DX. Man, I loved their stuff in 1997. I was a 12-year-old kid doing the crotch chop behind the teacher's back in middle school. But now in 2018? Shawn just has to pull a Michael Jordan and screw up the perfect finish to a career. Have fun, peanut head.

Finn Balor and Bayley together - how perfect. Both workers who came in with great potential and hype, only to be poorly booked into permanent mid-card status.

I might be the only one who doesn't care about the Shield. Don't care for them as a tag team or singles wrestlers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bellas heel turn was not surprising, but it bums me out that their turn just erodes the Riott Squad's place in all of this.  They got booked weak at the PPV and their stock continues to drop.

To be fair the Riott Squad really didn't have much stock in the first place. They started the same week another group with a bigger name did. They have had no real feuds of value, closest being this recent one with Ronda and the one short one with Charlotte.

Honestly, its weird seeing people complain about how Ronda in being pushed so strongly. She is natural far beyond the talent she should realistically have. She is the biggest star they currently have signed and waiting too long to push her would be a massive waste. With the background she is coming from, she really shouldn't be having competitive matches outside the biggest female names in the promotion and monster types like Nia. I think they are using her generally well which is to me the odd part. They have pushed her strong while avoiding fear of how long she will be around forcing them to rush her through her biggest potential matches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought Elias was going to come out and attack Lio Rush. It's an interesting idea to have him do Jimmy Hart's gimmick. But at least give him a megaphone if you're gonna do that. Had Elias come out and hit him with the guitar, he would have blown the damn roof off. If they keep building Lio up like this, the first guy to grab him and smack him is gonna be mega over. Shit, he might just get people to cheer Roman if he eats a Superman Punch.

5 hours ago, brandonr4s said:

Shawn just has to pull a Michael Jordan and screw up the perfect finish to a career. Have fun, peanut head.

You spelt Penis wrong.

On Ronda not losing, she did lose. To Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes  Looked weak and ineffective against both. And ducked Cris Cyborg her whole career. Her unbeatable aura was shattered three years ago.

Ruby Riot is so great, Her and Rhonda work great together in the ring.

The visual of Braun grabbing Dolph was well captured and Drew v Braun instantly became a thing I want to see.

Lio ha-haaa Rush needs to ha-haaa start spelling out his name Jeff Jarrett style ha-haaaa to complete the gimmick.