Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Dolfan in NYC

Raw Is Coming Up On Total Bellas - 10/8/2018

Recommended Posts

This was a good show with a ton of storytelling.  

The Bellas turning, Bobby Lashley & Lio Rush turning, and KO(?!) turning(?)

And that line from Corey during Heyman's promo might as well have been Vince's screaming bleeding over from the headsets into the mic.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that was a trip watching what looked like a Lashley/KO double turn (KO is becoming the go-to guy for anything they want to succeed), flipping back to Better Call Saul, then flipping again and finding the freakin' BELLAS turning too. 

When HHH asked Michaels "are you ready" I fully expected him to guide his head towards his crotch. They might as well do that in public and get it over with already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say "Raw: The Night of Turns" but then I thought about it deeper.

The Bellas were already heels, so no turn there. Where was Ronda's friend Nattie?
(Also, how bad was that botch where Sarah had to trip herself? Brie was waaaaaay out of place.)

Lashley was kind of a turn? They really made Lio turn up the annoying factor tonight.

I know weeks ago I said I don't care about the whole Hunter/Taker thing. Bringing DX back out makes me care even less. And they proceeded to recap that segment THREE TIMES.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget the DX greatest shits segment, too! Just to reiterate that two grown men past their prime can still act like they're in junior high school and get away with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

 

 

I almost forgot that. That was easily my favorite part of the episode, other then Dapper Heath Slater. I miss enhancement talent like that with wacky gimmicks you can get behind.

Also the fact that someone attempted THE CLAW on an episode of Monday Night Raw in 2018 is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was the best RAW in months. Story progressions, turns, returns, and legends all over make for a good show. Absolutely loved the Angle return, was expecting it to be Slater immediately when they were in the ring so that was an awesome twist, brilliantly executed. Surprised they changed the Evolution matches to a tag, I was looking forward to Alexa vs Trish as a singles but I imagine it will still be pretty fun. Also surprised at the Bellas turn, I figured Nikki/Ronda would be a face/face respect type match.. and with Brie connected to Bryan, I wonder if she won't be on SDL anymore. Main event was pretty great here, but I hate the constant Shield split teasing with Ambrose. Hoping they're setting up Drew as the next title challenger though. SaudiMania II: The Crown Jewel is shaping up to be a hell of a stacked card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...Crown Jewel will feature DX, Taker, Kane, Kurt Angle, Brock and John Cena. It's 2005 again lol

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Surprised they changed the Evolution matches to a tag, I was looking forward to Alexa vs Trish as a singles but I imagine it will still be pretty fun.

I thought Bliss was injured-hurting. If that's the case, tag match will be better off for her. Banks be pissed she missed out on a singles with Stratus and now a tag.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Mickie James has to feel better now that it's a tag match, less chance of getting her face broken by a Lita moonsault.

I liked Michael Cole asking if Jose Estrada or Jose Luis Rivera was The Conquistador.

Bravo to Corey Graves for dropping the Cam Neely Sea Bass reference. He really should have yelled at some point, "Kick his ass, Sea Bass!".

I'm really tired of the tease of Ambrose turning every week. I just don't want to see it. They're just so much better together than apart. Of course, it's funny that Rollins destroying The Shield originally gets glossed over. I know, it was covered last year with Dean's reluctance to team with Rollins again.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Infinit said:

So...Crown Jewel will feature DX, Taker, Kane, Kurt Angle, Brock and John Cena. It's 2005 again lol

Only on the men’s side. In the women’s division, we have fresh-faced newcomers like Trish, Lita, and Mickie. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lio constantly talking on the mic had me fast forwarding through much of KO/Lahsley, but kudos to a decent heel turn for Lashley.

Ronda/Bellas vs. Riott Squad was actually solid outside of Brie being out of the position for the finish. I liked the heel turn for the Bellas. i think they are ok as faces, but there is a portion of the crowd who will never accept them as that due to people looking at the Bellas as THE representatives of the diva era. I like how Ronda still had moments of badass even during the beatdown. Still not sure on Nikki vs. Ronda as match though I'm willing to give it a chance.

Nia/Ember was short but nice.

I'm glad they have merged Lita/Mickie and Trish/Alexa into a tag match. Should help hide the flaws and rust in everyone not named Mickie.

I enjoyed the ridiculous global battle royal and the Conquistador's return.

Shield vs. Braun/Drew/Dolph was great again, but seriously fuck this breakup tease. No one fucking wants it, and the weak link Dolph talk makes so much more damn sense. Drew should be trying to take on Seth and Roman for their belts instead of being attached to Dolph. Give those damn tag titles to the Shield or Authors of Pain already.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Only on the men’s side. In the women’s division, we have fresh-faced newcomers like Trish, Lita, and Mickie. 

Saudi Blood Money II ain't got no women's side

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it took the Bellas (Realistically the biggest name women they have) 2-3 double-teams to finally get the advantage on Rousey, I’m pretty sure the only way Ronda ever loses is a three-way where she doesn’t get pinned. She is maybe the most protected WWE star ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole alluding to the WWE World Cup as a proclamation as to who will go down as the ''best in the world'' and even ''the best ever'' made me think Jericho will be involved somehow. Angle & Cena as the first two entrants into a field of eight is a real statement of intent. The card for Saudi-Mania is shaping up to be the best they've ever done, which is a real shame it's tarnished by a ruler bribing a western company with millions for the appearance of moderate liberalization that will ultimately benefit his regime.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Cole alluding to the WWE World Cup as a proclamation as to who will go down as the ''best in the world'' and even ''the best ever'' made me think Jericho will be involved somehow. 

 

Possibly. Could it be WWE taking exception to Jericho showing up at All In, being more open about appearing on non-WWE US shows, throwing barbs about WWE's merch quality on Being the Elite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So both the heel turns I was waiting for at Super Show-Down took place on RAW instead? Booooo!

Jericho would be funny in the World Cup while also working  NJPW. I assume Mysterio is in the World Cup. Anyone else they can bring back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, L_W_P said:


Jericho would be funny in the World Cup while also working  NJPW. I assume Mysterio is in the World Cup. Anyone else they can bring back?

Cena and Kurt are in, add in Batista (isn't he advertised for Smackdown this week?), Orton, Jericho, Mysterio, Brock, and maybe Big Show and it's like the past decade never happened.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

Cena and Kurt are in, add in Batista (isn't he advertised for Smackdown this week?), Orton, Jericho, Mysterio, Brock, and maybe Big Show and it's like the past decade never happened.

Orton/Big Show is a qualifier tomorrow on SDL, along with Jeff Hardy v. Samoa Joe. Definite potential for an awesome looking tournament. Batista will be on next week at SDL 1000 for the Evolution Reunion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Possibly. Could it be WWE taking exception to Jericho showing up at All In, being more open about appearing on non-WWE US shows, throwing barbs about WWE's merch quality on Being the Elite?

I think it's part that and the Saudi money marks are attitude era fetishists and willing to throw absurd amounts of paper at anyone of name value. I read somewhere the Saudi brass were after the Ultimate Warrior wrestling on their last show. 

 

edit: Yeah Hogan's definitely working this show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if this Washington Post thing where one of their editors has been claimed to have been killed by the Saudis is gonna have any blowback on Saudi Blood Money II. Probably not, but it'll be interesting if the story blows up any bigger than it already has. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They finally turned Lashley praise be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think it's part that and the Saudi money marks are attitude era fetishists and willing to throw absurd amounts of paper at anyone of name value. I read somewhere the Saudi brass were after the Ultimate Warrior wrestling on their last show. 

 

edit: Yeah Hogan's definitely working this show. 

The Saudi's also wanted Yokozuna on the show. It doesn't seem like they're fans of technical wrestling, otherwise they might ask for Benoit.

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm wondering if this Washington Post thing where one of their editors has been claimed to have been killed by the Saudis is gonna have any blowback on Saudi Blood Money II. Probably not, but it'll be interesting if the story blows up any bigger than it already has. 

I thought the same thing when I heard the story earlier.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Jericho/WWE front. WWE turning down the Jericho cruise really unlocked the gate for Jericho's insistence in working for stateside shows, something he said he never would out of respect for Vince and not wanting to muddy the waters. Now he's toying with the idea of working with Impact, promoting ROH on his cruise, worked the All In show and has been outspoken in interviews against Vince's bullshit and feels liberated in having complete control on the indies. There's definitely tension there, however much Jericho will try and downsize it. The Saudi show is a bargaining chip which will steady the ship on that front. I definitely see Jericho being one of the eight.  

Angle looked real snappy in those short exchanges with Corbin, it's crazy that he could potentially be working multi-matches on a WWE show in 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caley said:

Since it took the Bellas (Realistically the biggest name women they have) 2-3 double-teams to finally get the advantage on Rousey, I’m pretty sure the only way Ronda ever loses is a three-way where she doesn’t get pinned. She is maybe the most protected WWE star ever. 

 

She also managed to make all three members of the Riott Squad tap out, in only two matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...