DVDVR Message Board

Eastbound and Down Season 4

Playa Shunna Ver 3.0

Loved this episode with Kenny slowly losing it, until the big blowoff with the street race.  "It's not nice to call people faggots...faggots."

I'm not sure there's a more perfect actor to add to the series than Ken Marino.  I imagine he'll end up Kenny's running buddy for a while, before he runs afoul of Kenny.

Love the final visual of him smoking and digging his own pool.

That whole scene where Kenny was dancing with the robot and talking about how their old life sucked, April saying it wasn't that bad, Kenny saying he repeatedly contemplated suicide, April saying she can't take him seriously when he's dancing with a stupid robot and the robot getting offended and slinking away had me laughing out loud harder than maybe any scene in the show ever.

• Like 2

You get him or you don't.  I think he and Wareheim are the two most important comics of the last fifteen years, the only thing that saved us from  a world of moronic Tosh.ComedyCentralRoast, boring Poehler/Feys, and whatever the fuck trash Lorne Michaels insists on rolling out.  Watching those guys, it's like all the thrill I used to get from Mr. Show and Kids in the Hll wrapped into one huge orgasmic kickass thrill.  And seeing it bleed over into so many corners of comedy, pop culture and mainstream advertising is just so gratifying.  Also, The Comedy is pure fucking genius.

But it's clearly not for everyone, and my opinion is for even fewer.  And I mean that in a sincere "to each their own and yeah, I don't blame you" kind of way as opposed to a "well, y'know, just because you're a fucking dispshit doesn't make you an awful person" kind of way.  The point is, though, that Ferrel, McBride, et. al have worked with the guy on many occasions and recognize his genius, so fuck yeah, good for Kenny goddamn Powers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, wife went to bed and that was pretty gin inspired.

Don't back down.  I don't think there's any one dude out there I get more excited when I hear he's going to be on a talk show or podcast or youtube thing or whatever than Tim Heidecker.

I think my favorite episode of Comedy Bang Bang is the one where he does the whole show as Billy Bob Thornton from that Canadian radio show where he was an insufferable prick.