DVDVR Message Board

ITT We resume arguing about MAN OF STEEL

EVA

Batman can still be brooding, that's his thing, but having Superman do the same thing is counterproductive.  The tone of the movie itself needs to be fun, that doesn't mean we need Adam West Batman. I mean, the Justice League cartoon pulled this off perfectly.

There is Marvel fanboyism on this board, that's why we get posts about Nolanites and shit. Some people obviously despise those movies and refuse to let anyone enjoy them. Fuck me for liking The Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel and finding enjoyment in them, right?

I also enjoy the Marvel movies but this thread and the previous one make me feel like I'm not supposed to. Battle lines are drawn, i'm with DC.

• Like 1

Yeah i don't get all the fanboy stuff, is it not possible to enjoy both franchises or does that make me a bad person? Without getting into listmania with the exception 2 of the Marvel films i'd happily watch any of the Marvel movies, Dark Knight Trilogy and Man of Steel. And i'm looking forward to nearly all the upcoming comic book films. The only one i'm not sold on is the Guardians of the Galaxy but at least that is a good, if expensive, test to see if a non mainstream character can do well because of the Marvel banner behind it.

Every comic book film will eventually suffer some kind of backlash from a select few. I mean there are people now attempting to shit on The Dark Knight years later. There are always those who will go against the grain or those who will never be happy because a film wasn't completely 100% faithful to the comics. Then there will be others who will shit on the films BECAUSE they were faithful to the comics.

I enjoy most of these with the exception of the Iron Man sequels and maybe a few others. I'm looking forward to all of them. Peace and love.

It stands for hope, hope for a good movie.

Also, I happen to like Batman Begins & The Dark Knight quite a bit.

Also, inception, The Prestige, Insomnia, Memento, Legend of The Guardians, 300, Dawn of The Dead, The Blade movies, Ghost Rider, and Dark City