DVDVR Message Board

ITT We resume arguing about MAN OF STEEL

EVA

Does it work with JGL?

Not really, because we haven't had the chance (and apparently are never going to have the chance) to see him in action as Batman before this movie. Even if they try to position him as having been active as Batman for "x" period of time between the end of TDKR and this, it won't carry the same weight as Bale would, because we've SEEN Bale handle some big time shit as Batman. I'd give him a shot against a superpowered alien, not some greenhorn rookie.

Don't worry.  Michael Keaton is still alive and available.

It's not surprising though.  I mean money can always change things, but Bale has said he wasn't coming back a couple of times, especially without Nolan directing.  I won't miss his voice.

Edited by _MJ_

Wonder if they'll try going with Armie Hammer again.

Armie Hammer (26)

Joseph Gordon-Levitt (32)

Ian Somerhalder (34)

Luke Evans (34)

Benedict Cumberbatch (37)

Karl Urban (41)

Manu Bennett (43)

Can Snyder/WB go more obscure (from a casual movie fan sense) than some of those names? Maybe Toby Kebbell (31). 

Jon Hamm (42) is another one that I have seen a lot. That was one of the omissions I missed. I've seen people say Fassbender (36) for other DCU characters but not Batman. They just should save him for a villain IMO (doesn't have to be the Joker).

They can talk about being inspired by The Dark Knight Returns all they want, but no way do I see them casting an older actor to play a broken down Batman nearing the brink of insanity in his 50s.  Especially with the Justice League movie hovering over it.

Jon Hamm (42) is another one that I have seen a lot. That was one of the omissions I missed. I've seen people say Fassbender (36) for other DCU characters but not Batman. They just should save him for a villain IMO (doesn't have to be the Joker).

Hamm seems like the worst option yet.

Hamm seems like the worst option yet.

Hamm >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gosling

Gosling as Dent maybe. Bruce Wayne.......yeah no.

IIRC, Gosling isn't too keen on playing leading roles anymore. I think he said that right around the time Soderbergh retired as a director. I think Gosling wants to direct.

Oh it's the old "I'm not a Marvel fanboy" crap. Go make a Doctor Weird or whatever his name is thread. 

Man. Were you such an ass on the old board and I just never noticed or did someone sneak in and take your screen name.

• Like 1