DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NCAAF: WEEK 7

Dolfan in NYC

I'm working when the majority of you are off. Something about politics that I am not going to get into on this board came to its horrible, inevitable conclusion. And N*tre D*me once again used their legacy to weasel their way back up to the top 5 by ONCE AGAIN playing a cupcake schedule before ONCE AGAIN getting shredded by someone halfway decent.  

So I'm in no mood this week.

RANKINGZ~

#1 tenor.gif?itemid=11956544

#2 giphy.gif

#3 giphy.gif

#4 giphy.gif

#5 tenor.gif

On 10/8/2018 at 7:54 PM, Dewar said:

Where would Texas be ranked right now if not for that puzzling loss to Maryland?

Probably 6th

They would be the "least" of the 6-0 teams

So apparently a dude who got fired for the Reggie Bush situation sued and the state of California pretty much said that he was fired for nothing and getting fired for an NCAA violation is against the law.  So, the NCAA pretty much says that would make any school in California would be ineligible for NCAA membership.  I know the law is somehow going to cave to the bitch ass NCAA, but I really hope this stands.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, supremebve said:

So apparently a dude who got fired for the Reggie Bush situation sued and the state of California pretty much said that he was fired for nothing and getting fired for an NCAA violation is against the law.  So, the NCAA pretty much says that would make any school in California would be ineligible for NCAA membership.  I know the law is somehow going to cave to the bitch ass NCAA, but I really hope this stands.  

The dude who got fired - where did he work?

13 hours ago, Tabe said:

The dude who got fired - where did he work?

USC, he was an assistant coach.  The court declared the "Show Cause" penalty to be illegal under California law.  It pretty much means that they don't have the authority to punish any future employer for an employees past crimes. 

From this article...http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24945390/judge-rules-ncaa-show-cause-penalty-violates-california-law

The ruling came as part of the latest filing in former USC football assistant Todd McNair's civil lawsuit versus the NCAA. In May, a jury in Los Angeles voted 9-3 in favor of the NCAA following a three-week defamation trial stemming from McNair's involvement in the Reggie Bush extra benefits scandal. Two of the four other allegations in McNair's suit have been dropped, leaving just the declaratory relief allegation to be resolved.

In 2010, the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions issued a report that concluded McNair "knew or should have known" that Bush was engaged in violations with a would-be agent while playing for USC, and McNair "provided false and misleading information to the enforcement staff." As a result, it issued McNair a one-year show-cause penalty and one-year recruiting ban that McNair's lead attorney, Bruce Broillet, argued in court ended his career as a high-level coach.

I bothered to check the boxscore for the Rutgers/Maryland game to see just how bad my Scarlet Knights are doing.

The QB went 2 for 16 for 8 yards with 4 INTs.  The other QB threw a single pass, which was also an INT.

They also neglected to field a kickoff for some reason, so there was like a 35 yard successful onside kick mixed in there.

Other than that things were fine >_>

• Like 2

3 hours ago, username said:

I bothered to check the boxscore for the Rutgers/Maryland game to see just how bad my Scarlet Knights are doing.

The QB went 2 for 16 for 8 yards with 4 INTs.  The other QB threw a single pass, which was also an INT.

They also neglected to field a kickoff for some reason, so there was like a 35 yard successful onside kick mixed in there.

Other than that things were fine >_>

Rutgers is getting paid a lot of money to get the B1G Network on televisions in the North East. That's your consolation.