DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NHL: Period One

Dolfan in NYC

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey Josh Bailey,

Oooooooooh, Ahhhhhhhhhhh,

I wanna knooooooooooow,

If you'll punch Larkin right in the face???

And besides that Kromwell was doublely stupid with that hit because it turned what was going to be an easy win into a loss. Until that play the Isles were totally checked out but that motivated the hell out of them. One thing I will mention is that the Detroit announcers were more knowledgeable and clued in about the Isles situation than just about any opposing announce crew I can recall. Also the Boychuck-Abdelkator thing went back to last season. In hindsight Abdelkator probably should've forgotten about it because he got killed. He did give a thumbs up to Boychuck afterwards so fair play to him.

59 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Don't worry, some random shithouse team finishing 8th from the bottom will win the lottery.

(hopefully Vancouver to keep the brotherly love thing going)

As I'm sure you are aware of the Canucks lost what was essentially the very first draft lottery in 1970. Hoping our expansion siblings finally get lucky this season, you guys deserve it after all these years you've gotten screwed.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Chicago will win it and then be awarded another 47 outdoor games.

Imagine if NBC found a way to monetize Toronto. Every outdoor game would be Leafs vs Hawks (with a doubleheader of Pittsburgh vs Rangers).  

So the penalty is this:

Colton Parayko loses his stick but it's not broken. And the stick is nowhere near the goal

in 3 on 3 play this is a problem, the Avs are pressuing so Vlady Tarasenko gives defender Parayko his stick.

Then when he gets a chance Tarasenko picks up Parayko's stick.

Whistle...apparently this is illegal. I've never heard of this in my life.

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

So the penalty is this:

Colton Parayko loses his stick but it's not broken. And the stick is nowhere near the goal

in 3 on 3 play this is a problem, the Avs are pressuing so Vlady Tarasenko gives defender Parayko his stick.

Then when he gets a chance Tarasenko picks up Parayko's stick.

Whistle...apparently this is illegal. I've never heard of this in my life.

Someone on Blues HF said it was because Parayko has a waiver to use a longer stick and when Tarasenko picked it up it was an illegal stick. Others are saying the ref thought it was a broken stick, made the call and refused to reverse it even though they were obviously wrong because NHL officials totally suck.

I actually feel bad for Flyers fans right now. Already fired the GM (and the scout, because he's totally the problem here). Lose in Calgary when they were up by 2 with like no time left, lost in a very sleepy effort to Edmonton, now honestly have been blown right off the ice in the first 11 minutes in Vancouver. This is just not fun to watch.

If the whole situation with Berglund leads to his contract being voided that would be an amazing early Christmas present. That would basically mean Skinner definitely gets re-signed because we get handed $4 million back in cap space.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:34 PM, piranesi said:

Am now hoping the pre-game for the next Blues game goes something like the first half hour of RAW just went with maybe Jay Bouwmester in the role of Baron Corbin and the surviving members of the 1980-81 team in all the other roles.

I'd say Bob Gassoff could join in but he's dead. Clark Gillies at a Q&A told me he was the most filthy and deranged player he ever played against, and think of some of the guys from that era. When asked the same question Bossy replied Tiger Williams.

Also good on Tom Dundon (Canes owner) for doing both a jersey auction and signed Whalers ornament sale at the Whaler Night game this Saturday with the proceeds going to youth hockey initiatives in Hartford. Class act.

We won tonight and I don't even care. All I've been doing for the past 2 hours is refreshing HF Boards and my Twitter feed hoping to hear RJ is okay. He IS the Buffalo Sabres and I'm very emotional right now at the thought of him not making it.

A person who spoke with the Jeanerett family says they are feeling relieved after speaking to doctors so this is fantastic news. Also Brian Duff deserves all the credit in the world for doing a great job leaving the intermission desk to call the rest of the game.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:31 PM, sabremike said:

A person who spoke with the Jeanerett family says they are feeling relieved after speaking to doctors so this is fantastic news. Also Brian Duff deserves all the credit in the world for doing a great job leaving the intermission desk to call the rest of the game.

He's apparently going to be back in the booth on Saturday. That's wonderful news. 

• Like 1

Guys, if I were a GM I would probably be targeting both Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin in a trade after the rampage their lunatic CEO went on. Come on Botts, offer them Sam straight up for Seguin!