DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NHL: Period One

Dolfan in NYC

46 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Astounding. The most boneheaded shit every game.

Best power play in the NHL and they are 1-5.

Do you guys happen to have anymore worthless talentless garbage you can send us for Eichel and Dahlin? It's part of Bott's brilliant strategy to get rid of the losing culture in Buffalo by getting rid of any good players we have for pennies on the dollar.

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Do you guys happen to have anymore worthless talentless garbage you can send us for Eichel and Dahlin? It's part of Bott's brilliant strategy to get rid of the losing culture in Buffalo by getting rid of any good players we have for pennies on the dollar.

We have so much of what you're looking for.

parayko

Pietragnelo

Edmunson

Hell we could bundle together six or seven defensemen who will literally fall over each other in front of you for laughs.

• Haha 1

Need your guys help here: how do you tell people calling on their team to tank they are fucking stupid because the lottery means you can't fail your way into a top pick and that whomever ends up with one will have done so entirely by accident and total dumb luck?

So Berglund got benched for sucking so bad and last game Suckbotka had a CF% of 16%. Can't say we weren't warned. Wonder what all those stupid fucking clueless "experts" like Bob who said what a great trade think of this. Maybe make a fucking tearful apology for being so stupid. Oh and did I mention Tage has "AHL for life" written all over him. At least we get that first round pick? If the Blues pick ends up 10th or better they keep it because clueless fuckwad Botts couldn't just give them, say, top 5 protection. The stupid motherfucker gave them top 10 protection because he's an idiot.

Man, if a team I watched ever started tanking just to get a draft pick I would be done with them forever.

They need to stop that shit across all sports. I know they'll never have relegation in America but they can at least move the top draft picks away from the teams that finish last. Make it so the #1, #2, and #3 picks go to like the sixth, fifth, and fourth worst teams. Let the bottom three take #4/5/6. There'll be some fun times at the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 5:57 PM, piranesi said:

Man, if a team I watched ever started tanking just to get a draft pick I would be done with them forever.

They need to stop that shit across all sports. I know they'll never have relegation in America but they can at least move the top draft picks away from the teams that finish last. Make it so the #1, #2, and #3 picks go to like the sixth, fifth, and fourth worst teams. Let the bottom three take #4/5/6. There'll be some fun times at the end of the season.

Someone (forget who) used to say the #1 pick should go to the team that just missed the playoffs, since 1) they were trying to win and 2) that rookie could be the missing piece to success.

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Someone (forget who) used to say the #1 pick should go to the team that just missed the playoffs, since 1) they were trying to win and 2) that rookie could be the missing piece to success.

Here's your hypothetical: say a team is playing it's last game. They win: playoffs. They lose: they end up with Jack Hughes. What do they do? You just opened the most gigantic can of worms imaginable and set the league up to get a gigantic black eye where they would look beyond terrible.

Charles Wang RIP. He was, well, eccentric and certainly made many mistakes but this fact can't be denied: without him there would be no Islanders. Looking back he is actually a great hero in NHL history because he literally saved a franchise. RIP.

I went to a Flyers game tonight solely because it was a Gritty T-Shirt giveaway game. There were a large contingent of people like me in attendance -- vague, at best, hockey fans who are all in on Gritty. And, no, it hasn't died here in the Delaware Valley and I don't think it ever will.

The Flyers are really leaning into Gritty-As-Accurately-Depicted-Local-Scumbag. It's wonderful. Tonight, Gritty:

1) Dumped a bunch of garbage over someone holding a sign that said "Gritty stinks!"

2) There were some people during intermission wearing Sumo Fat suits sumo wrestling each other on the ice. Just as a guy won, Gritty came out of nowhere and wrecked that dude. And then he did it to all of the other competitors before holding his hands triumphantly. 

3) Gritty was placed in the penalty box during the "Mites On Ice" game during the second intermission and trashed it and threw all sorts of stuff onto the ice as youth hockey players skated by.

4) The scoreboard would have "Gritty Facts" at times. These included "Gritty has been known to use the express lane at supermarkets despite having more than 15 items" and "In the past, Gritty for Halloween has been The Grim Reaper, The Executioner and Betty White." All of these are very believable.

5) On top of now owning an official Flyers Gritty shirt (sponsored by a local business consulting company), I also purchased a bootleg Gritty shirt in the parking lot. I am now up to FIVE separate pieces of Gritty merch.

I don't know enough about hockey to say this for sure but the Flyers seem really crappy. I'm still going to go to a few more games this year because this whole thing is a total fever dream and I don't want it to ever end.

• Haha 4

Islanders announce their home game on 2/28 is being moved from the Barclays Center to the Coliseum. Did I mention they are playing the Leafs? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Say this about Lou: the guy doesn't fuck around.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:45 PM, El Dragon said:

We need to drop the man to man D this minute. It's horrible.

But if we don't we might not have the thrill of seeing every single man on the Blue Jackets beat every single one of our men so they score 12 tonight.

They're less than a handful away and there's still plenty of time.

4 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Every time I think the Blues hit a new low...

If they put a tutor shooter in net it would be better than Jake Allen. If they replaced Mike Yeo with the team mascot that would also be a gigantic improvement as well.