DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Save Our Sonics - 10/1/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Seattle is trying to get an NHL team, right? I could just see Elias saying a line about how the future Seattle hockey team will be the next Quebec Nordiques when they move just like the Sonics did.

Elias should be Intercontinental Champion right now. Hell, send him to Smackdown and just give him the United States title.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Unfortunately  nearly everyone in wrestling tarnishes their legacy a little bit outside of Bret and Steamboat.  Look at Flair, Hogan, etc.  

Admittedly im not a Bret fan, but I think he belongs in the former category. The match vs Vince, his occasional weird rant, ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Unfortunately  nearly everyone in wrestling tarnishes their legacy a little bit outside of Bret and Steamboat.  Look at Flair, Hogan, etc.  

Admittedly im not a Bret fan, but I think he belongs in the former category. The match vs Vince, his occasional weird rant, ...

Considering how many times Shawn turned down comebacks, I have to assume that the number was just too much for him to say no. And if I learned anything from late 80's - mid 90's WWF it's that everybody's got a price.

And seriously, I can't blame him. Millions of dollars are hard to turn down. Especially considering that, while I know he made a lot of money, Shawn's career literally skipped right over the gigantic boom period. If they are getting $40-45 million from KSA (and Meltzer doesn't know if that's per year or per show) and KSA wants HBK, well, he might be getting 3 or 4 million just for this little run. He's got a family, how do you turn that down?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Admittedly, I'm a big Bret fan. With everything he's been through, I don't blame him for an occasional weird rant.

I'm also partially biased since Bret's Greek on his mother's side. 

• Like 2

I can’t sleep so I’m gonn write a bit of a rant instead.

Taker, Kane and DX were over as hell, that I can’t deny but this “Last time ever” shit was done 6 or 7 years ago, it should be swept under the rug and the new crop of guys given more time to shine.

What are they gonna do in 10 years time? Cena V Reigns Last time ever??

If I’m Balor or Owens I’m questioning why the hell am I still working here getting saddled with crap while a combined age of 206 takes over the main segment. Again, yes I understand that everyone likes a bit of nostalgia now and then but this is getting ridiculous.

If I’m Omega/Cody/Young Bucks and I’m even considering going to WWE come January, I’d seriously rethink it because those guys and KO and Balor will always play second fiddle to the legends. Third fiddle with The Shield around (who’ve been stuck in a loop since SummerSlam).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The point being made is is beyond me. Help.

They literally have nothing to do with one another. Holy shit. No one is going to call their buddy and tell them to tune into an Elias/KO talking segment, no matter how good it is. Wrestling hasn't been that kind of viewing in 20 years.

• Like 1

I don't think the Elias/K.O. segment with them generating that kind of heat is supposed to prove anything..   I don't think the end segment with all the legends is supposed to prove anything either..  

I look at it like this.  There's maybe 3 million or less die hard WWE fans.  I think a good majority of that group liked both segments,  Seattle... the live crowd they loved it.  

I think that's all that matters at the moment because WWE has already sent the rest of the potential viewers away.  They better at least entertain the folks who are left.  Creative needs to do better and the old dudes need to go away but it won't happen until Vince is gone and this FOX deal expires.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peterien said:

Thank you sir. I’m not even as interested in wwe as I used to be anymore but last night really irked me. 

I'm not either. I'll never stop watching completely because I've been watching far too long. I still love nxt and Smackdown is still pretty good for the most part, but most of my interest lies outside of WWE.

17 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

I generally think the "(Wrestler) is ruining his legacy" talking point is kinda stupid and overblown, but Shawn Michaels looking like Joe Pesci in Home Alone is something I never need to see in a wrestling ring ever again.

CXGGJdMWMAAlEao.jpg

A Home Alone remake with DX as the crooks and little Drake Maverick as Kevin would be money. Book it WWE Films.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2