DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - WILDCARD / DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Hard to win a game if you can only score one fucking run, which has been the story for this team ever since the ASB. All those games with just one solo HR, every other game where they could only score 1 run (if that), etc. And honestly, this offense has been wildly inconsistent all season, it was just at it's worst after the ASB. Pinning the blame on hitting on coaches is dumb, but I'm not sure what other excuse there could possibly be to have so many players on the team take such a different approach at the plate this year.

Whatever. It was a largely enjoyable season, but I didn't think it would end like this.

• Like 1

It feels like they either score 7 or 1 and it's been that way even dating back to 2015. So many guys going for dingers when it feels like it's the teams that can manufacture runs that win consistently in October. I ain't complaining though. They will have a great team for years and have plenty of time to figure shit out. They won a World Series.

• Like 1

Another example of baseball telecasts being so terrible: both team's rosters are being announced as part of the ceremony of a playoff and you have half a dozen talking heads talking over it and adding absolutely nothing of value.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, piranesi said:

I'll accept all your "Thank You"s for the gracious way the Cardinals stepped aside to give these two desperate teams the chance to live through this hell night.

Fuck you and fuck the Cardinals and their fanbase. Well, not you. The concept of your fandom. The rest of you is amazing.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I hope the Yankees Stadium suffers a freak collapse overnight after they blow it in the 9th.

Is that necessary? What have the Yankees and their fanbase, including me, ever done to you?

I don't wish ill on the Brewers. I just don't care about them.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
fixed for accuracy