DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - WILDCARD / DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Since I'm going to forget to do this when I get home from the gym and/or will need to think fast for a pithy Raw title... The official start to the playoffs is tomorrow!

The Cubs and Rockies will face off in the NL Wild Card game.

The Yankees will host Oakland in the AL Wild Card game on Wednesday. 

Then starting Thursday...

The NL Wild Card winner gets Milwaukee in the NLDS.   And the Braves will travel to the Ravine to face LA. 

On Friday...

Cleveland goes to Houston in what should be a great series. And the AL Wild Card winner gets to be swept by Boston. 

Are there Braves fans on the board? Or do I just have to run my mouth about to no one in particular about how I think that Acuna and Albies and Culberson and Freeman are pretty scary and have decent shot at being heartbreakers in this series.

I love Dansby Swanson, and while it's a bummer he fucked up his hand, I'm not going to complain if he doesn't play.

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I dont know if Joe still lurks or not. He might be one of the only ones. 

Considering his profile says he hasn't visited since 2016 I doubt it... though I guess folks could be technically lurking as a guest

Kris is probably the closer one to maybe still visiting but I remember him making a comment that he gave up on the message board life

Jesus fucking Christ. All I want is for the Rockies to somehow get to the World Series. 

My eight year old nephew has become a Rockies fan and a ballplayer, thanks to me. I coached his first year in Little League this past Summer. All I ask is that the Rockies make it to the World Series and lose. So we can truly bond as baseball fans. 

• Like 1

Doing the whole Contreras thing, at what point do the umpires step in and tell Maddon "take him out or get off the field?"

There was some great heeling and stalling by the Cubs that inning, it was infuriating.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Javy’s a Bayley fan. 

19 minutes ago, elizium said:

Doing the whole Contreras thing, at what point do the umpires step in and tell Maddon "take him out or get off the field?"

There was some great heeling and stalling by the Cubs that inning, it was infuriating.

Arenado should've demonstrably raised a stink and tried harder to get the technically correct call.  Instead of going along with the hug he should've been howling like Bobby Eaton insisting Ricky Morton pulled his hair.