DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I don't think he looks scary in that picture. It looks more like he's judging me for every important decision I've made in my life... which, now that I think about it, is probably worse...

Yeah, I don't know what he's thinking, but I'm sure whatever he's thinking is going to result in someone getting their ass kicked.

• Haha 1

Lance Storm tweeted out that Chelsea Green is the 9th Storm Wrestling Academy to sign with the WWE.

The ones I can figure out are:

1. Tyler Breeze
  2. Tenille Dashwood
  3. Peyton Royce
  4. Oney Lorcan
  5. Slyvestor Lafort
  6. Chelsea Green

I think he must be counting Rachael Ellering though she hasn't officially signed.

Not sure who the other ones are

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lance Storm tweeted out that Chelsea Green is the 9th Storm Wrestling Academy to sign with the WWE.

1. Tyler Breeze
  2. Tenille Dashwood
  3. Peyton Royce
  4. Oney Lorcan
  5. Slyvestor Lafort
  6. Chelsea Green

I think he must be counting Rachael Ellering though she hasn't officially signed.

Wasn't Taya Valkyrie signed to a WWE development deal for about five minutes? That would be another Storm grad.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

1. Tyler Breeze
  2. Tenille Dashwood
  3. Peyton Royce
  4. Oney Lorcan
  5. Slyvestor Lafort
  6. Chelsea Green

1 hour ago, colonial said:

Wasn't Taya Valkyrie signed to a WWE development deal for about five minutes? That would be another Storm grad.

Justin Credible was trained by Keith Hart and Lance Storm at the Hart Brothers Camp.

While not in WWE, at least not yet, Brian Pillman, Jr. graduated the Storm Academy and Rey Mysterio's son, Dominick is training there.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If they are series about doing a higher tier on the Network - they would get my extra 5 bucks a month if it was nothing by NXT Florida shows

I keep saying they should try out house shows with 1-2 stationary cameras ala some of the NJPW shows. Stream them on delay, whatever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nofuture said:

The Coconut Loop wins again.

Awesome!

I just told my wife and asked her if she wanted to go and she said of course, so I'll be there Saturday!

NXT is the best.

Stacey Erwin Jr. won the Halloween Royal Rumble that featured Otis Dozovic as Mandy Rose, Montez Ford as Keith Lee, Keith Lee as a bear and Matt Riddle as a chicken...

Johnny Gargano ran in from the crowd and invaded the ring before Aleister Black stormed out and Johnny left.

Ricochet vs. Stacey Erwin Jr. for the NXT North American title is the main event.

More later...

Results:

Stacey Erwin Jr. won the costume royal rumble match.

Dan Matha def. Raúl Mendoza

Vanessa Bourne def. Deonna Parruzzo

Velveteen Dream def. Kona Reeves

EC3 def. Shane Thorne

Aaliyah def. Lacey Lane

NXT North American title: Ricochet retained over Stacey Erwin Jr.

Matt Bloom, Gabe Sapolsky and Steve Corino were at the show.

3 minutes ago, nofuture said:

How was Erwin?

For a guy with 10 matches under his belt, he wasn't too bad. Some slip ups here and there but he has potential.

The show peaked at the battle royal. Ohno wrestling in big T rex outfit was amazing. As was Matt Chicken Riddle, Drake Maverick as EC3's Robin and Otis as Mandy Rose. Rest of the show was ok but I kinda wish I went to IWA instead.

I'm not familiar with him. I've only seen him a handful of times, but I've never been particularly blown away by him.

Headed to Lazy Moon Pizza in Orlando before the show and while their pizza taste good, what makes it unique is the size of it... Considering I've been dieting for the past month and have already dropped 15-20 lbs. (215 down to 191), that was a terrible idea, but I only ate half of my slice...

Humberto Carrillo was working as security at the show with the metal detector.

The costume royal rumble match was fun. The best costumes were someone dressed as a t-rex, Riddle as a chicken, Ford as Keith Lee, Keith Lee as a bear who locked in a bear hug... And Dozovic as Mandy Rose. Luke Menzies was dressed as Mr. Incredible and Boa was dressed as Goku. The Forgotten Sons were the only participants without costumes.

7 minutes ago, nofuture said:

How was Erwin?

He's really inexperienced and he blew some spots pretty badly, but he hit a sweet standing shooting star press and Ricochet did his best to get the best match out of him. He also put him over in his post match promo and mentioned how impressive Erwin was despite only having around 10 or so matches in his career until now.