DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCTOBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

Insert usual comments about warnings about spoilers since they are taping tonight.

Also - just another little bit of confirmation on recent signings

So whenever they eventually get around to announcing their next class - it will include Punisher Martinez and Chelsea Green

The attacker was...

Spoiler

Johnny Gargano...

First taping...

Spoiler

EC3 def. Adam Cole

Mia Yim def. Aliyah

Kassius Ohno def. Justin Xavier

They signed...

Spoiler

Mercedes Martinez...

Second taping...

Spoiler

The Street Profets def. the Mighty

Nikki Cross def. Mercedes Martinez

Matt Riddle def. Luke Menzies

Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch def. Raúl Mendoza & Humberto Carillo

WarGames...

Spoiler

Undisputed ERA vs. War Raiders, Ricochet & Pete Dunne...

Third taping...

Spoiler

Heavy Machinery def. the Forgotten Sons

Dakota Kai def. Taynara Conti

Bianca Bel-Air def. Mia Yim

Forth taping...

Spoiler

Lacey Evans def. Karissa Rivera

Kyle O'Reilly def. Hanson

Lars Sullivan def. Velveteen Dream

The generic card for Takeover is interesting (and very little has been announced - this is just what you can gather from what has aired)

• Wargames
  • Ciampa title defense
  • Black vs his attacker
  • Ohno vs. Regal "new toy"

So that leaves only one open slot for a lot of the random other angles.

I am thinking the women's title doesn't make this card since they are getting the Evolution match. (And then there is the matter of needing Baszler free if they decided to run Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen sooner rather than later)

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The generic card for Takeover is interesting (and very little has been announced - this is just what you can gather from what has aired)

• Wargames
  • Ciampa title defense
  • Black vs his attacker
  • Ohno vs. Regal "new toy"

So that leaves only one open slot for a lot of the random other angles.

I am thinking the women's title doesn't make this card since they are getting the Evolution match. (And then there is the matter of needing Baszler free if they decided to run Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen sooner rather than later)

Spoiler

I would think there would be a women's title match since the tag titles, NA title, and UK title are all tied up in WarGames.

8 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Was the signing in the spoiler box confirmed? Showing up on TV doesn’t necessarily mean signed.

Based on the way they promoted it before the tapings began rolling, yes or at least they made it seem that way.

WarGames card after tonights tapings...

Spoiler

Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano seems likely

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Lars Sullivan -- Sullivan vs. Velveteen Dream was a #1 contenders match

Undisputed ERA vs. War Raiders, Ricochet & Pete Dunne in WarGames

No trying to spam the board, but some thoughts from last nights tapings...

Spoiler

I wasn't a fan of Cole, but after seeing him tear the house down with Ohno at the last NXT Live event in Orlando and seeing him last night, I've changed my opinion on him. I thought he was great and threw some pretty vicious elbows in the corner. EC3, to me, is not that good on the other hand.

Ohno is still the best. Awesome performance again last night. I hate the thigh slap heavy offense, but he's great at it and doesn't make it as blatant as most people do.

Riddle/Menzies was really good with some gritty grappling exchanges. I was really impressed by Menzies. First time seeing him, but he's quite a tank.

Lorcan & Burch/Mendoza & Carillo was also really good with Lorcan and Burch working as bases for Mendoza and Carillo and also being gritty on offense. Probably the match the crowd was the hottest for all night.

The arena brawl leading up to Regal announcing WarGams was great.

O'Reilly/Hanson was good, too. O'Reilly has some nice offense and his 80's heel bumping and selling tribute keeps getting better.

Lars/Velveteen was alright, but there was fans already walking out during it and the crowd was just dead for most of it as it was late night on a Wednesday.

MOTN for me was Riddle/Menzie or Lorcan & Burch/Mendoza & Carillo and given they were both on the same TV taping, I would say that was the best episode of the ones they taped.

NXT General Manager William Regal reveals that Johnny Gargano, Ricochet, Pete Dunne, Aleister Black & Velveteen Dream will battle Tommaso Ciampa and The Undisputed ERA at WWE Live on Wednesday, Dec. 26, at the world's most famous arena, New York City's Madison Square Garden.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

NXT General Manager William Regal reveals that Johnny Gargano, Ricochet, Pete Dunne, Aleister Black & Velveteen Dream will battle Tommaso Ciampa and The Undisputed ERA at WWE Live on Wednesday, Dec. 26, at the world's most famous arena, New York City's Madison Square Garden.

So...  here's the thing...

38 minutes ago, supremebve said:

If I was booking, Jordan Omogbehin would never speak, he'd just stare at his opponents like he is in that picture.  He'd be the biggest monster heel in the business.

I don't think he looks scary in that picture. It looks more like he's judging me for every important decision I've made in my life... which, now that I think about it, is probably worse...

• Haha 1