DVDVR Message Board

[TV] OCTOBER 2018 DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

The final (pretty sure there's not another remembrance episode) ep of Parts Unknown was great. Not as sad as you might think... but then, why should it be? And it ends on a pretty perfect pair of notes that I won't reveal, it's best to watch them for yourself.

Rest in passion Tony. Fuck the world, you were the best.

Sorry I can't remember who exactly it was but thank you to the dudes who were talking about Mr. Inbetween on here recently. Holy shit, what a show.

So that's Mr. Inbetween, Atlanta, Killing Eve, Barry and The Good Place I've watched this year specifically based on users on this very forum talking about them. The internet is good for things other than dick pics and cat videos, I guess.

• Like 2

*raises hand* You're welcome! 

His face gets me every time. This is the look you are going to get right before you lose teeth/some blood/your life. Service with a smile...

promo_mrinbetween_570x317_noplaybutton.j

Hey, speaking of shows about "fixers", I see that Ray Donovan's on again and I can watch it (and kind of need something to replace Shameless during its break). I haven't seen it in a season or two so have I missed anything really significant? Is it worth starting back with again?

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 5:47 PM, Curt McGirt said:

*raises hand* You're welcome! 

His face gets me every time. This is the look you are going to get right before you lose teeth/some blood/your life. Service with a smile...

promo_mrinbetween_570x317_noplaybutton.j

Hey, speaking of shows about "fixers", I see that Ray Donovan's on again and I can watch it (and kind of need something to replace Shameless during its break). I haven't seen it in a season or two so have I missed anything really significant? Is it worth starting back with again?

You missed a lot if you missed last season -- one major character is gone and the show is now in New York -- and this season started off really well!  Can you catch up on demand or something or do you need the Cliff's Notes version?

"Rescue 911" reboot in the works .... with Shatner ....

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/rescue-911-reboot-series-1203015488/

Only features I remember from this was one where a kid got his tongue stuck in a freezer, and one where a woman gives birth in her kitchen while her husband struggles with the 911 operator.

Husband: "Oh man, there's a mess on the floor."

911: "That means her water broke, she's getting ready to give birth."

Husband: "Okay, let me get a mop and clean the mess."

911 and Wife: "NO!"

• Haha 1

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic